The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Charter Member

Default Lr Baggs Element

Just installed an LR baggs element in my CA Bluegrass. The top string is not as loud as the other 5 strings. so, I installed it upside down, Still the same. Anyone have a fix.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:06 AM

A new tusq saddle, hand intonated (as opposed to pre-fab intonated) completely fixed the same problem with one of my guitars.

First, however, you'll want to be sure that the saddle which you have is not overly tight and binding in the treble end of the saddle slot.

Gary
Old 02-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Charter Member

Default another problem

Thanks, I also noticed that if I touch the chord once it's plugged in it makes alot of noise thru the amp. And if a move the guitar much or shake it there is alot of noise thru the amp. ???
Old 02-06-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ongWriter View Post
Just installed an LR baggs element in my CA Bluegrass. The top string is not as loud as the other 5 strings. so, I installed it upside down, Still the same. Anyone have a fix.
Welcome to the wonderful world of undersaddle pickups! String balance issues were one of the reasons I ditched them over 10 years ago.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Charter Member

Default tusq

I installed a tusg saddle and the entire guitar sounds better acousticlly, however now the low 3 string is louder than the other strings...???
Old 02-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Welcome to the wonderful world of undersaddle pickups! String balance issues were one of the reasons I ditched them over 10 years ago.
What pick-up do you use?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification