The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 01-19-2001, 03:12 PM

Post Livingston Taylor and his instructional material

Hi, I notice Livingston Taylor (James Taylor's brother) is now a Taylor representative.

He has some instructional materials (video, and a book/CD or Tape package) available from Homespun Tapes (homespuntapes.com).

The materials would seem to be about how to give basic chord progressions that Taylor sound. I know some members of the forum are interested in exactly that topic.

Anyone have these materials? Can anyone make a comment one way or the other? (I've never heard these instructional items) I can say I've heard Livingston Taylor play and it's essentially just like James Taylor's stuff.
Old 01-19-2001, 03:18 PM

By the way, Artie Traum is the owner of Homespun Tapes. He is an excellent guitar player and he himself has many instructional materials through Homespun. I've seen and heard him play. I honestly haven't seen any of his videos or looked at any of his books, though. Their descriptions often say something like "sick of being stuck in that old G,C,D chord rut...then look at this book." I know he has a new DADGAD video out, too.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell