The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-05-2020, 10:38 AM

Default CAs Spotted In New Music Building

So my friend Lee (he's in a few of my videos) had this nice lil building built to play and record in behind his house ..and hang out of course. The stage area is inside a two 6 inch walled room within the building. Ceiling slopes slightly and has acoustic treatment all-around of course. A screen can lower in front of back curtains for a mounted projector. Roof is concrete. In the rest of the building is his office, a fireplace, a couple big TVs, kitchen, a bar area, laundry room, 2 bathrooms and a big deck outside and a bridge across a wash to his main house...cool stuff...not bad for a couple mil...yikes

The elusive 12 string ↓

Catered Grand Reveal ↓

McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

Last edited by kramster; 07-05-2020 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:44 AM

To the right of the CA is a custom 30 grand ESP.

Playing his 900 series Taylor ↓

Looking over pool toward the music thingy from one of house's patios

Checking out new furniture...the guy in blue does amazing wood work, paintings, and marquetry..he is 80!!

Wondering where the TV is...
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

Last edited by kramster; 07-05-2020 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-05-2020, 11:35 AM
Charter Member

Good Golly Miss Molly ! Stunning set up. And folded ribbon speakers on the tv ! Very nice !
Old 07-05-2020, 11:40 AM
Guest 928

And a special shower for washing the CFs--doesn't get any better than this.
Old 07-05-2020, 01:00 PM

If you and Lee need another friend let me know.....ask him when i can move in ?
2005 Gibson Es 335
2012 Gibson Les Paul standard
2017 Fender elite stratocaster
2001 62 AVRI Fender stratocaster
Old 07-05-2020, 01:36 PM
Charter Member

Wow! Very nice "l'il building"....
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 07-05-2020, 02:34 PM

Now that's a fine spot!
Old 07-05-2020, 04:23 PM

Awesome. Please tell Lee that I am available for adoption.....
I don't see much acoustical treatment in the space (my specialty) but it could be nearly invisible. But I'm sure the room sounds pretty good from what I can see.
Old 07-05-2020, 04:52 PM
Charter Member

This guy must be very, very wealthy! That "lil building" looks like the kind of project that a university would have to have a fund drive plus very generous alumni to build. Very impressive.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 07-05-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Awesome.
I don't see much acoustical treatment in the space (my specialty) but it could be nearly invisible. But I'm sure the room sounds pretty good from what I can see.
There is still some more panels to be added in the stage area room plus some in back of room out of photo. Ceiling is isolated from roof. The room is well balanced from what all can tell.. The sound engineer and co-designer said this is prolly the best large treated room in the state and he knows stuff... They did a sound proof test...105 db and shut the double sliding doors and outside sliding door and could barley be heard... every time they did that when the band was playing folks would stop and look around.. thought power went out or something...fun stuff... the band is excellent, played everything . A couple of us got a chill when they did some Journey stuff!!

Old 07-05-2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
This guy must be very, very wealthy!
He has done ok for a guy who when, at 16, came home and all is stuff was on the porch. Folks told him he was on his own now. The boy is driven. We have been good friends for about 22 or so years I guess. Fun watching him progress. Great integrity and donates to many causes. The business he took over with only 5 employs and 100,000 in debt.. sold at 500 employees and a 1,100,000 square ft building... has others business now which keep him busy ...5th or 6th degree black belt in Taekwondo, great guitar player, excellent businessman, philanthropist , great thinker, and no college ... oh and an excellent friend. I gave him a Cargo awhile back and he loves it.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
He has done ok for a guy who when, at 16, came home and all is stuff was on the porch. Folks told him he was on his own now. The boy is driven. We have been good friends for about 22 or so years I guess. Fun watching him progress. Great integrity and donates to many causes. The business he took over with only 5 employs and 100,000 in debt.. sold at 500 employees and a 1,100,000 square ft building... has others business now which keep him busy ...5th or 6th degree black belt in Taekwondo, great guitar player, excellent businessman, philanthropist , great thinker, and no college ... oh and an excellent friend. I gave him a Cargo awhile back and he loves it.

That, sir, is the perfect example of a "Renaissance Man". It is said that all humans have that potential, so it is interesting how so few achieve it. Kudos to your friend.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 07-05-2020, 09:01 PM
Charter Member

Wow! I would say that gives me incentive to work harder, but I am enjoying being gainfully unemployed. What a beautiful set up - spectacular in looks and function.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:54 PM

Nice place, looks hot and dry outside though. Perfect place to give a CA guitar a shower.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:50 PM

That is an amazing music man cave!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber