The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 07-03-2020, 02:42 PM

Default Free Compliment Server

If you would like a free compliment, perhaps to complement your good mood or to contrast with your not-so-good mood, you have come to the right place.

Simply post a thought, picture, link to a post, or have me review your last few posts and i will generate a compliment for you.

It's free, available to anyone, and comes with positive energy (while supplies last).

Last edited by mc1; 08-14-2020 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-03-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1 View Post

If you would like a free compliment, perhaps to complement your good mood or to contrast with your not-so-good mood, you have come to the right place.

Simply post a thought, picture, link to a post, or have me review your last few posts and i will generate a compliment for you.

It's free, available to anyone, and comes with positive energy (while supplies last).
Let me be the first to compliment you in your choice of topic! Good to see this, and you, mc1!
Old 07-03-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyhu View Post
Let me be the first to compliment you in your choice of topic! Good to see this, and you, mc1!
And who better than you to see here, Rich? No one. I hope you are well, you make the world a brighter place.
Old 07-03-2020, 03:53 PM
Charter Member

My puppy turned 1 year old and just got home from some “elective” surgery. He needs a boost! His name is Bruno.

Old 07-03-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
My puppy turned 1 year old and just got home from some “elective” surgery. He needs a boost! His name is Bruno.

Bruno!, what a perfect name for a perfect dog. Named after Sasha Baron Cohen's dog no doubt, because his owner has impeccable taste, and realizes the importance of elections.

And he gets to wear the Good-boy cone of honor and distinction. It's like the invisible halo that's already there. What a day! Be sure to be nice to him and spoil him in the future days so that the peak never ends. Woof!
Old 07-03-2020, 04:31 PM
Charter Member

Wow!! Thanks Mr. MC. I’ve thrown off my cone and I’m back in the game. Nobody pays compliments like you! You’re the best.

Old 07-03-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
Wow!! Thanks Mr. MC. I’ve thrown off my cone and I’m back in the game. Nobody pays compliments like you! You’re the best.
What a sublime canine you are Bruno, and your nose looks so moist. Go fetch some new strings for your Dad, those look a tad heavy, and he'll give you a tasty treat. Bow-wow!
Old 07-03-2020, 04:48 PM

Here's an area which needs a boost in my life: I'm a bad guitar player. I depend on tab and I hate that, but I don't want to go through the discomfort of having no tab. This brings me down. Doc, gimme a compliment.
Pono OO-20
Pono OP-30DC
Old 07-03-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryler View Post
Here's an area which needs a boost in my life: I'm a bad guitar player. I depend on tab and I hate that, but I don't want to go through the discomfort of having no tab. This brings me down. Doc, gimme a compliment.
Wow, your humility touched my soul and moved it up a few frets, like a cosmic Bach capo. Never let the sight-readers or play-by-earers get you down. Playing by tab is what the real pros do. It's like a hidden secret they won't admit, but it's true.

As a Doc, I recall your couch potato thumb, and your story of overcoming that is inspirational to a whole generation of my patients.

Maybe your expectations are a little bit too high, because while unassuming, you also strive for greatness. But my goodness, I know a world class pianist who recently played Carnegie Hall and he can't play a lick on the guitar, nor read tab! So just let that sink in.

Also, your spelling has really improved!
Old 07-03-2020, 05:06 PM

Morgan, I hiked Cape Split, Nova Scotia today (of course, you know where it is). 16 km hike (10 miles). I feel great and not tired at all. What does the server serve up?

Old 07-03-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Morgan, I hiked Cape Split, Nova Scotia today (of course, you know where it is). 16 km hike (10 miles). I feel great and not tired at all. What does the server serve up?
Well, the server's first thought was to take a nap because that's a lot of work. But then I was too excited to even lay down.

In a way, you are the Cape Split, Nova Scotia of the AGF. And while some hike your trails, and others picnic in your shade, or just park and make out in your lot, you provide so much, yet never ask for anything.

May the Fundy waves break upon your shore forever.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1 View Post
Well, the server's first thought was to take a nap because that's a lot of work. But then I was too excited to even lay down.

In a way, you are the Cape Split, Nova Scotia of the AGF. And while some hike your trails, and others picnic in your shade, or just park and make out in your lot, you provide so much, yet never ask for anything.

May the Fundy waves break upon your shore forever.
What a great, and deep introspective response!

I was sitting down on the Split and I put my peanut butter sandwich 6 inches from me on the ground, in the zip lock back (not zipped). The girl I was hiking with took a bunch of photos as a squirrel came up to me and too a piece of sandwich!

Next week I think I'll head to the Black Rock trails across the North range on the ocean.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:

wow,, that's some majestic scenery.
Old 07-03-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
What a great, and deep introspective response!

I was sitting down on the Split and I put my peanut butter sandwich 6 inches from me on the ground, in the zip lock back (not zipped). The girl I was hiking with took a bunch of photos as a squirrel came up to me and took a piece of sandwich!

Next week I think I'll head to the Black Rock trails across the North range on the ocean.
I am touched by your response, but the deep greatness lies within us all, as you have demonstrated.

That's the thing about the ziplock bags that isn't on the packaging, you need to zip it to seal in the freshness. But maybe ziplock, in their heart of hearts, knew that by not mentioning that, the air, humidity, and squirrels could also enjoy the bounty within. I'm so happy for that squirrel, who I've named Jed.

For sure I need a nap after hearing about your next adventure. So much positive energy, Dru, it's like a high efficiency detergent!
Old 07-03-2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
wow,, that's some majestic scenery.
rmp, you are a person of few words, albeit many commas. Yet those words are all the more powerful by their scarcity. And what do you do with that power? Appreciate the lagniappe. The gift of appreciation is perhaps the greatest gift. Happy Birthday to you, Dru, and Cape Split. But especially you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic