The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-23-2020, 04:25 PM
Charter Member

Awesome to hear that it arrived safely and that you were able to test drive it--if only for a short while!

Sounds like it's an amazing guitar--I wish you a lifetime of happiness with it. Can't wait to hear it, see it, and hopefully try it out someday soon.

Congrats, and be well!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 06-23-2020, 04:32 PM
Charter Member

Nice Tom. I’m very happy it arrived and it’s all you hoped for.

Are we getting a picture show?
Old 06-23-2020, 04:37 PM

I'm so pleased that it arrived and you've enjoyed your short introduction to each other. I hope you enjoy many, many more years getting to know each other better
Old 06-23-2020, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Awesome to hear that it arrived safely and that you were able to test drive it--if only for a short while!

Sounds like it's an amazing guitar--I wish you a lifetime of happiness with it. Can't wait to hear it, see it, and hopefully try it out someday soon.

Congrats, and be well!
Thanks Kevin, we will definitely make that happen one way or another. We both have stuff the other one of us want to try out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
Nice Tom. I’m very happy it arrived and it’s all you hoped for.

Are we getting a picture show?
I should have taken some pics, but having not been home for 3 1/2 months and only having 3 1/2 days, there was so much to get done, I did not really even think of it. Next time for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MThomson View Post
I'm so pleased that it arrived and you've enjoyed your short introduction to each other. I hope you enjoy many, many more years getting to know each other better
Thank you, I hope that is the case as well. I would like for other folks to get to play it so I can introduce Rory's guitars to others that most likely would never get a chance to play one, at least in this country.
Old 06-24-2020, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
rest assured this guitar is a world class guitar.
The last guitar of Rory's that I played resulted in an unanticipated commission but I was just floored by the quality on show, both audible and woodworking, and found myself ordering a guitar that I did't realise I needed. Unlike yourself, I have a few more years to wait, so living vicariously here!

Would be great to see some pics and hear some recordings when you have time.

Cheers,
Steve
Old 06-24-2020, 02:33 PM

Glad you like it. I almost sent you a message to ask about it.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:53 PM

The guitar looks beautiful, Tom, and it seems to sound as good as it looks. Redwood-Walnut is said to be a magical combination. Thinking about which, this combo is still missing in my collection
Enjoy this beauty, and in case you can't find the time to play the Nautilus, I'll take it!
Old 06-25-2020, 05:28 AM
Charter Member

Tom, Congratulations on your new Taran guitar. I love the wood combination that you and Rory went with for your build. I hope you are soon again reunited in TX with Kathy. One woman...many guitars!
Old 06-25-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Mc View Post
Glad you like it. I almost sent you a message to ask about it.
Yes, I am very glad I like it too .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
The guitar looks beautiful, Tom, and it seems to sound as good as it looks. Redwood-Walnut is said to be a magical combination. Thinking about which, this combo is still missing in my collection
Enjoy this beauty, and in case you can't find the time to play the Nautilus, I'll take it!
Hey, thank you so much for the offer, I seem to be able to get to both, but you will be the first I call. It is kind of funny, I sort of stumbled into this combo and as it turns out, it is a pretty sweet combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
The last guitar of Rory's that I played resulted in an unanticipated commission but I was just floored by the quality on show, both audible and woodworking, and found myself ordering a guitar that I did't realise I needed. Unlike yourself, I have a few more years to wait, so living vicariously here!

Would be great to see some pics and hear some recordings when you have time.

Cheers,
Steve
I can totally understand your problem here, it would be hard to resist one of Rory's guitars once you have one in your hands. I hope that your build comes up sooner than expected, you never know, a lot of people are having to put builds on hold due to economic circumstances and wait times are shifting around a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodahdoug View Post
Tom, Congratulations on your new Taran guitar. I love the wood combination that you and Rory went with for your build. I hope you are soon again reunited in TX with Kathy. One woman...many guitars!
She is truly one of a kind and I am lucky to have her. Not sure what is going to happen as we are trapped on opposite sides of the country again as now NY has put a ban on travel from Texas! It was the other way around before, either way, I can't seem to win.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:38 PM
Charter Member

Tom, I've been wondering about this guitar since I knew that you had it coming but didn't notice the updates to the thread until recently. Congrats on such a beautiful instrument. I'm sure it sounds great from just what you've said about it.
Maple Beneteau for sale
Old 07-08-2020, 10:08 AM

Hi Tom and everyone,

It's been a busy old time and today is the first time I've been on the forum for a while.

We're delighted that you are happy with the guitar Tom, and hope you get back home to Texas soon.

All the very best to you both and thank you very much for such a wonderful build.

Rory
Old 07-08-2020, 11:23 AM

Sheeesh Tom! I’m late to this thread but WOW! What a beautiful guitar! I’ve only recently discovered Rory’s work, and I’m seriously impressed! Just wonderful, fresh ideas and craftsmanship. Congrats!
Old 07-08-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny B View Post
Tom, I've been wondering about this guitar since I knew that you had it coming but didn't notice the updates to the thread until recently. Congrats on such a beautiful instrument. I'm sure it sounds great from just what you've said about it.
Thanks Kenny, when BIG happens again, I hope you can make it again as I would love to hear a player of your capabilities play this guitar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treenewt View Post
Sheeesh Tom! I’m late to this thread but WOW! What a beautiful guitar! I’ve only recently discovered Rory’s work, and I’m seriously impressed! Just wonderful, fresh ideas and craftsmanship. Congrats!
Thank you, better late than never, if you get a chance to try a Taran, make sure you do, it is a special instrument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaranGuitars View Post
Hi Tom and everyone,

It's been a busy old time and today is the first time I've been on the forum for a while.

We're delighted that you are happy with the guitar Tom, and hope you get back home to Texas soon.

All the very best to you both and thank you very much for such a wonderful build.

Rory
Hello Rory, I am glad you saw the thread and took the time to post. With what little time I had with this instrument, I know it is very special. It is currently inside my display case at a 45-50% humidity level, enclosed and safe.
Old 07-08-2020, 06:20 PM

That'll do, I think.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:47 PM
AGF Sponsor

Tom, that's beautiful. I surely wish I could have spent some time with that instrument. But next visit, ok?
Congrats!

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop