The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-12-2020, 02:41 PM

Default Rainsong label

I have 2 Rainsong guitars. One Shorty and an OM. Both labels in the sound holes have faded and now are totally unreadable. Yours too? Is there anyway to use a black light or something else to read them? I guess i want to have the information for insurance reasons.
Gretch Resonator
Old 10-12-2020, 04:00 PM

FWIW the label inside my Rainsong WS-1000 from 2001 is still quite legible, but has not spent a huge amount of time in direct sunlight. I bought it when living in Alaska due to humidity issues. Summer was clouds of mosquitoes outdoors and winter was totally indoors. Your idea of a black light could work, or something in red or yellow..... anything to increase the contrast. Perhaps those Blue Blocker sunglasses advertised on late night TV. I've even done infrared photography to reveal such things, back in the days of film and darkrooms.

Once you can read it, then write it down somewhere. If you registered it with Rainsong at purchase, they might be able to help you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber