The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 10-21-2020, 10:28 AM

Default EKO Ranger bridge.

Hi.
New member here. Looking for help regarding my EKO ranger 12 string.
I have just purchased a right handed ranger but I’m left handed. Reason I picked the ranger is my teacher has 3 and highly recommends them. Also left handed 12 string are very far and few between. So I would like to know if I can get a left handed bridge for my ranger. Or any recommendations on which way to go. Saddle and nut are not an issue just the bridge.
Regards Ricky.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:52 AM

I would think that any luthier who does repairs could make you a bridge to match the one on your guitar. Same shape, with the holes should end up in the same place, just the slot for the saddle would be different. If the saddle is already compensated that would have to be replaced as well. I would also get a new nut made since all the string slots would the wrong sizes.

Or you can make or modify your own saddle and nut. You might also be lucky and have such a high action, that the nut could be sanded enough to loose the grooves and re cut.

One other thing I would check is the bracing. If your bracing is not symmetrical, the bracing for a left hand guitar would be need to be adjusted as well.

That's the reason, I learned to play right handed guitars. Saved me a lot of trouble.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:50 PM

Does your EKO have an adjustable height saddle? If so, that might make things a little more difficult.

Replacing the existing bridge with a left hand model might be an option but whether the holes already drilled in the top match up is another question!

Here's the only left-hand 12-string bridge on eBay for US$32.99

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/009-9285...frcectupt=true

1972 - Takamine D-70
2014 - Alvarez ABT60 Baritone
2015 - Kittis RBJ-195 Jumbo
2012 - Dan Dubowski#61
2018 - Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo
2020 - Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200
2021 - Epiphone 'IBG' Hummingbird

Last edited by Brucebubs; 10-21-2020 at 07:24 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair