The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-01-2023, 05:23 AM
Charter Member

Default Thoroughly Charmed

Is a NPD a thing? Probably not, but what arrived in the mail a few days ago in a featherweight package, a little bigger than a quarter feels almost like multiple NGDs. I'm referring to a 1.50mm flame casein triangle from Charmed Life Picks (no affiliation). What it has done for my two main players, a Collings 0002H and a Martin Ditson 111 reissue is nothing less than astounding.

I don't know what possessed me to buy an expensive pick again. I bought a Blue Chip a few months ago, and granted these things are highly subjective, but as much as I tried to bond with it, it made my guitars sound dull and lifeless.

My new casein pick adds SO much sweetness, definition and clarity, with a perfect amount brightness. My rosewood/sitka 000 is noticeably more articulate, with greater note separation. And the big hog is sweeter, accentuating its overtones perfectly.

I'm in love, a believer, thoroughly charmed. Thank you.
Old 04-01-2023, 04:32 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by @lagatrix View Post
Is a NPD a thing? Probably not, but what arrived in the mail a few days ago in a featherweight package, a little bigger than a quarter feels almost like multiple NGDs. I'm referring to a 1.50mm flame casein triangle from Charmed Life Picks (no affiliation). What it has done for my two main players, a Collings 0002H and a Martin Ditson 111 reissue is nothing less than astounding.

I don't know what possessed me to buy an expensive pick again. I bought a Blue Chip a few months ago, and granted these things are highly subjective, but as much as I tried to bond with it, it made my guitars sound dull and lifeless.

My new casein pick adds SO much sweetness, definition and clarity, with a perfect amount brightness. My rosewood/sitka 000 is noticeably more articulate, with greater note separation. And the big hog is sweeter, accentuating its overtones perfectly.

I'm in love, a believer, thoroughly charmed. Thank you.
Just stumbled across this. Haven't been on here in quite some time. Thanks so much.

We get so many of these comments on here, but oftentimes (as with you), I don't recognize the customer name from the screen name. No biggie.

Yeah, as I think most people know buy now, we also make Vespel picks, and it is all so subjective. Personally, as a player, I always reach for a casein pick first, but again, that's subjective too. In my case I'm sure it's because I've been playing genuine tortoise shell picks for more than forty years, and without a doubt casein comes closest to the tone and feel (and even look) of TS. (If someone tells you otherwise, it's probably because they've never played a genuine TS pick, or a top-grade casein pick, or both. In fact I realized recently, I've been playing tortoise shell picks longer than most of the other boutique pick folks have been alive.) But then again, there are a lot people who don't like the sound of TS, so there's that too.

Here's the animal. It's been the top-selling triangle in our company for more than four years.

https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/pro...our-top-seller

Thanks to the reviewer, whoever you are.

And folks, the sun is shining in CA today. I looked up and said, "What's that yellow thing up in the sky there?"

Peace, Out,
Memmer

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 04-01-2023 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-01-2023, 04:35 PM
Charter Member

The CLPs I have sound so good.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion