The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-22-2024, 08:52 AM
Charter Member

Default Setup recommendations - Chattanooga / Nashville, etc.

Hey folks,

Who do y'all currently recommend for setup work in or near the middle Tennessee region? I'm in Chattanooga, but can and do get to Nashville pretty often. Instruments include Collings and Martin, some "special to me ones", but nothing crazy expensive, nothing pre-war, etc.

I used to have some great options, but quite sadly, they are all either deceased or out of business.

Would also like at least one recommendation for an authorized Martin repair person (as I am original owner on two of my Martins, they are still under warranty). I have befriended a fellow at Gruhn, but their shop is not taking guitars that were not purchased there...

Thanks in advance for any ideas...
Old 03-22-2024, 09:11 AM

Pickers Exchange in East Ridge/chattanooga has a pretty good luthier who I am pretty sure is actually a trained luthier. He has worked on my guitars including a Martin. I live in Chattanooga area and Pickers is the only store I know of that can do real guitar work. They have a actual work area with real luthier tools. I suggest and encourage you to visit the store and talk with them over your needs to be sure.
Old 03-22-2024, 11:14 AM

Why not Gruhns?
Old 03-22-2024, 12:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifivic View Post
Why not Gruhns?
As noted above - they are not taking any instruments not purchased there. The two I own that need attention were not purchased there.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion