The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-02-2002, 11:01 AM

Default Korg AX1500G anybody got one??

Any one ever tried out or own a Korg AX1500G. Thinking about getting one for my Les Paul and wanted to get any feedback I could. thanks

Go SPURS Go
Old 08-02-2002, 03:02 PM

Is that the same thing as a Ax1 G? or is that a updated one? I dunno, the ax1G is great for practicing and stuff. I'd get a Johnson J-station before I got that though, they are only about 50 bucks more. it's a great deal, plus it does a lot!

2003 D-28
My modified Epi Dot
Old 08-02-2002, 03:23 PM

Here you go, seems really cool. found it for liek $250.00

korg AX1500G

Go SPURS Go
Old 08-04-2002, 04:19 AM

A lot depends on the application you have in mind. It will be a "Swiss Army Knife" type of effects unit, with the capability to do lots of different things. The trade off is that it won't do everything terrifically well.

For practicing with an electric guitar it will be fine, for covering a lot of ground at a gig it will be ok, but with tonal limitations. If you're buying a unit in search of one or two great tones, I'd pass.

If you realize that the Korg can get you 85 to 90% of the tone that you want from a wide variety of effects it'll be fine (that last 10 - 15% of tone costs a small fortune to buy).
Old 08-04-2002, 12:59 PM

a friend is using one...IMHO, it's a neat little toy. I could get quite a few "fun" sounds out of it. But it's a challenge to find some serious sounds if I was to use it for church.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification