The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-04-2015, 08:43 PM

Default Sor Etude 17 from Segovia Edition-Live Performance

Hi,

I'm new to the AG Forum, lots of good info in the Classical section, enjoying many great videos and soundclips! Here's my contribution, my personal favorite out of the Segovia 20 Etudes collection. I had the good fortune to work on this piece with the late virtuoso Rey de la Torre during a master class in the 70's.

It's not a perfect performance by any means but I hope I captured the feel of the piece.
Thanks for checking it out.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:36 PM

Nice! I love Fernando Sor's guitar compositions, and especially those etudes.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:41 PM

Hey blue,
Very nice sound and beautiful left hand.I look forward to hearing more from you.
Love Sor.
Regards,
Jan
Old 02-09-2015, 04:03 PM

Default Sor Etude 17 (Segovia Edition)

Hi Riffmeister- Thanks! I've listened to a few of your sound clips on the gear page, you are an excellent player! Saw your post on Delcamp that you recently picked up a Kohno, I'm in the process of buying one (83 Professional) from GSI, how do you like yours?

Hey Sausgirl- Thanks for your kind comments, I had an advantage learning guitar as a kid being very left-handed but learned playing right handed. My left hand had good strength, right hand, not so much.

Going to post more stuff.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaes335 View Post
Hi Riffmeister- Thanks! I've listened to a few of your sound clips on the gear page, you are an excellent player! Saw your post on Delcamp that you recently picked up a Kohno, I'm in the process of buying one (83 Professional) from GSI, how do you like yours?
Thanks for your compliment! I used to have a 1964 Kono (before he changed the English spelling to Kohno) and it was a real beauty. I sold it a couple years ago to a forumite on the AGF Classical Corner forum (forum now defunct).

The two Segovia Sor Etudes that I have committed to long term memory are number 6 (D) and number 9 (Am). I once heard the popular etude number 5 (Bm) used as background music for an allergy medicine commercial on TV!!!!
Old 02-12-2015, 04:45 PM

Smile

That 64 Kono must have been sweet! I knew a guy in my area who had a Kono before he changed to English spelling. It was a long time ago but I remember thinking it sounded like some the early Bream recordings when he used Bouchet and Hausers.

I love Sor etudes 6 & 9 from Segovia edition as well, they're supposed to be graded but hell the first 10 are no picnic to get through. Even number 1 has it's challenges.

Back in the 90's I was at a "touchy feely" seminar for the place I worked at then, during the "meditation" part the speaker had #5 going on a tape player.

Next thing you know it'll be used in ED commercials
Old 02-12-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaes335 View Post
Back in the 90's I was at a "touchy feely" seminar for the place I worked at then, during the "meditation" part the speaker had #5 going on a tape player.

Next thing you know it'll be used in ED commercials
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo..............

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical