The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-23-2022, 03:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
I will be looking forward to your review when you get it.
One of the nice things about the Hiscox ProII and the Hiscox Artist is that they have plenty of extra headroom above the headstock. I put my Music Nomad sponge system there. There is no real way to get the velcro to stick to the interior though, so I put a cloth in between the Headstock and the sponge. I just could never come to trust in sound hole wet systems at the chance of a leak. So having the extra room at the top is nice.
K&G, thanks for the heads up on this crazy good deal and input. Seems like I recall folks talking about $350 for the case bought stateside, and some years ago. If so, getting one deliverd direct from GB for about a C note less is one of the few guitar-related bargains to be had, especially when you are looking at four and five times the cost for a flight case from the other guys. Yes, those others are really cool looking and sexy and all, but the FB is is genuine case queen. I did recently buy a used Visesnut case for my 00 Webber. It is a very nice case, and crazy light. And it has a great rubber gasket that provided and excellent seal to preserve humidity. I got it for about $300. New, something about three times that. Um....
David

Last edited by Deliberate1; 01-23-2022 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-23-2022, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
I will be looking forward to your review when you get it.
One of the nice things about the Hiscox ProII and the Hiscox Artist is that they have plenty of extra headroom above the headstock. I put my Music Nomad sponge system there. There is no real way to get the velcro to stick to the interior though, so I put a cloth in between the Headstock and the sponge. I just could never come to trust in sound hole wet systems at the chance of a leak. So having the extra room at the top is nice.
I use a sound hole system and there's no leak concerns. You just squeeze out the sponge really well so it is pliable and damp, but not dripping in any way. As for the Hiscox, my Taran came with a Hiscox Artist case. It's a solid case for the price, but I have already ordered a Calton to replace it. The Hiscox is dropping humidity too fast for my liking while the Calton my Ryan is in has been holding pretty steady just with Humidipaks. It's 22% humidity in my office, so I'm having to be proactive right now. The Hiscox is also just as heavy as the Calton...of course it is the Artist version, so that makes sense. It's a great fit for some, but just not right for my needs. I'm sure someone local who has a 000 will be thrilled to upgrade their case for a couple hundred bucks when I put it up for sale.
Searching for the right Esteban...
Old 01-23-2022, 06:41 PM

All of my acoustics live in Hiscox Pro II cases. I love ‘em!

One of my favorite features are the “D” rings. Just hook on a strap and sling it over your shoulder. That frees up both hands to carry other luggage when traveling.

Last edited by 6L6; 01-25-2022 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-23-2022, 11:08 PM
Runaway Tomato

Very happy Hiscox Pro II owner here, also - it would be great news if they are readily available again. I got mine about 6(?) years ago @ Sweetwater for $324. Right now my 110e lives in it.
Former AGF Moderator
Old 01-25-2022, 01:19 AM

Thanks for the heads up OP. I may have snagged the last Pro II dreadnaught case earlier. $330 delivered to Canada west coast.

I’ve been looking for a J50 case and gave up on the retailer/distributor and Gibson ever getting back to me. I never seem to be amazed how companies aren’t interested in taking my money to make a sale. I don’t even know Andertons and they are across a continent and an ocean but they get my money. Strange
Old 01-25-2022, 06:19 AM

Default Does Andertons still ship Hiscox cases to the US and Canada

the website https://www.andertons.co.uk/ has a note stating that the Hiscox cases are currently both out of stock and that they cannot be shipped outside of Europe! So what is the real story?
Allen Sandberg EIR SqS Dread
Faraday EIR Dread (K. Yairi DYM95 Prototype)
CdO A.M.E. 2012 Rosewood Dreadnought
Michael Anthony #10 Ovangkol OM-C
KS Black Walnut Dreadnought
Old 01-25-2022, 06:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty55 View Post
the website https://www.andertons.co.uk/ has a note stating that the Hiscox cases are currently both out of stock and that they cannot be shipped outside of Europe! So what is the real story?
Call Anderton’s and ask?

I strongly suspect that the world-wide supply-chain issues currently being experienced by all kinds of manufacturing/supply businesses in all countries are at the bottom of Hiscoxes problems.

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)
Old 01-25-2022, 06:36 AM
Charter Member

On Saturday, Andertons did have at least one black Pro II Dreadnought case in stock. When I added it to my cart, and put in my Pacific Northwest address, it stated a total price of $247 USD including shipping. I didn’t finish the transaction.
Old 01-25-2022, 07:03 AM
Charter Member

I saw this post and completed an order on Saturday to the Pacific Northwest for 180GbP total. The order was accepted I will aee what the results look like.

I have not received a shipped email yet though even though they have now had two business days.
Old 01-25-2022, 07:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
I saw this post and completed an order on Saturday to the Pacific Northwest for 180GbP total. The order was accepted I will aee what the results look like.

I have not received a shipped email yet though even though they have now had two business days.
I purchased one as well for $247 shipped to Maine. I used Paypal which, I have discovered with other international trasactions, appears to use an exchange rate that is favorable to it - perhaps to cover the international fees of the cc company.
Paypal confirmed the purchase, indicating that funds would not leave my account until the case was shipped. However, I too, received no real-time confirmation of the order from Anderton's. When I reached out to them, the rep indicated that international orders have to be manually processed and confirmend. He also indicated that it was only within the past ten days that they were permitted to sell Hiscox cases overseas.
I just received an email from Anderton's confirming that the case has been shipped. Will report back.
David
Old 01-25-2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty55 View Post
Just got notice from Anderton’s my Pro II dreadnaught case has been dispatched to Canada. I would email to double check their policy. I didn’t email or phone them just ordered based on the threads on AGF and apparently a case is on it’s way.
Old 01-25-2022, 11:05 AM
Charter Member

I just received a tracking number so mine is on its way as well. I just ordered through the website no follow up.email
Old 01-25-2022, 11:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I just received a tracking number so mine is on its way as well. I just ordered through the website no follow up.email
That was my experience as well. No autoconfirmation that we are used to when we buy something on line. Again, per my emails with Anderton's, I suspect it is because they manually review international orders. I was told that the shipping details would come from someone else - presumably the transporter (not Frank).
David
Old 01-25-2022, 11:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberate1 View Post
I purchased one as well for $247 shipped to Maine. I used Paypal which, I have discovered with other international trasactions, appears to use an exchange rate that is favorable to it - perhaps to cover the international fees of the cc company.
Paypal confirmed the purchase, indicating that funds would not leave my account until the case was shipped. However, I too, received no real-time confirmation of the order from Anderton's. When I reached out to them, the rep indicated that international orders have to be manually processed and confirmend. He also indicated that it was only within the past ten days that they were permitted to sell Hiscox cases overseas.
I just received an email from Anderton's confirming that the case has been shipped. Will report back.
David
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireside_Guitar View Post
Just got notice from Anderton’s my Pro II dreadnaught case has been dispatched to Canada. I would email to double check their policy. I didn’t email or phone them just ordered based on the threads on AGF and apparently a case is on it’s way.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberate1 View Post
That was my experience as well. No autoconfirmation that we are used to when we buy something on line. Again, per my emails with Anderton's, I suspect it is because they manually review international orders. I was told that the shipping details would come from someone else - presumably the transporter (not Frank).
David
So happy that everyone is getting their cases!
Yes, if I remember correctly, the shipping notification comes from the shipper first. Later, I think there is also a notification from Andertons as well. It does take a couple of days to process the order.
I just felt so naked without my guitar being in a Hiscox. I had been trying for months to get one. Was so happy when I found out that Andertons would ship and ship at a great price as well.
For LA area, they used DHL, and the case came quickly. I was so surprised.
I am sure you will be as happy with your case as I am with mine. Great cases.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:29 PM
Charter Member

A couple of things;

First off, Anderton's is now completely sold out on all OOO/OM and Dread cases in both Black & Ivory. (guessing this thread has a lot to do with that)

I suspect the "cannot ship outside of Europe" is not applicable anymore, and was the case (no pun intended) when there was a US distribution site. Now that this has been terminated, I would speculate the shipment statements for dealers just have not been updated since the change.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion