The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-14-2021, 08:16 AM
Charter Member

I'm a big fan of the Fishman Loudbox series. I've had a Loudbox Performer for several years and it is a great piece of equipment and inspired me to purchase a Loudbox Mini for smaller gigs. The Mini sounded great but even in small rooms, it could get overpowered by a noisy crowd so I just didn't have a lot of confidence in it. I sold the Mini and bought an Artist which is much more capable. In the meantime I bought a Bose S1 Pro and I agree that the controls are terribly placed (I mean it's meant for a guitarist and they put the controls on the RIGHT side so your guitar chord has to run around you to plug in). And a master volume would be a great addition. But this little unit puts out a LOT of sound!! I have played some pretty large venues to 200+ people and have had no issues at all covering the room. I'm amazed at the coverage the S1 provides. Played a large gig to a room with terrible acoustics Sunday afternoon and decided to just sit the S1 on the floor behind me instead of using a speaker stand and it sounded awesome. Lots of bottom end and the folks outside on the patio could hear me clearly with only a small door open from the main room. I'm not going to get rid of my Loudboxes but this S1 Pro is a winner!
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 04-16-2021, 09:51 AM

Not being a busker, I can't compare these for your use. I think the LB Mini charge has more eq control for acoustic guitars. I think the unit probably sounds the best of the two options for guitar. I think with vocals there is no contest, as the Bose is the winner. If you can take your guitar with you to test the Bose S1 Pro, and you like the sound, you might find it's a good choice. I have the S1. It's not my "favorite" as a guitar amp, but on the whole I love it because it happens to just "work" with my K&K pure mini pickups. Lucky? Perhaps. I had the loud box mini also and it was a great little guitar amp.
Old 04-16-2021, 10:29 AM

I also have both. One of the great advantages of the Bose S1 Pro is you can hook up two by Bluetooth App. When you are not gigging makes an incredible Micro home Hi-fi! They hook up in true Left/Right stereo. No wire connecting the two speakers is very unique in the home audio market, and they sound great! Few have mentioned a big advantage of the Bose is the ability to pole mount and get the speaker up in the air to project further. For busking can't beat Bose backpack.

Last edited by wweiss; 04-16-2021 at 10:42 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
amps, bose, busking, fishman, loudbox