The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 10-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Charter Member

Default "Election Night" video

Disclaimer: I tried to capture the urgency of an election night in a universal way that is respectful regardless of your political views. It hints at my leaning, but that's it. So please let's not turn this into an argument.

I recorded this on CD a few years ago, and I thought it would be a good one (and timely) to do now for Youtube. I bought the Larrivee OM-03 at a garage sale just a couple days before the recording. The guitar is in DADGAD.

Thanks for checking it out.

"Election Night" by Chuck Cheesman - Larrivee OM-03

Last edited by flagstaffcharli; 10-27-2014 at 12:19 PM. Reason: link
Old 10-28-2014, 05:17 PM

Great song. That guitar sounds really good. Nice singing.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:26 PM

Very nicely done, Chuck! BTW - that's an impressive wall of amps, you've got a real nice collection!!

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)
Old 10-28-2014, 10:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1131 View Post
Very nicely done, Chuck! BTW - that's an impressive wall of amps, you've got a real nice collection!!
Ha! I figured someone would comment on the amps! I wish I had a few of those. They actually belong to the recording engineer, John Neff. He's been in this business a long time—played guitar on the original "I Can See Clearly Now" and worked a lot with filmmaker David Lynch. As I said to someone else, that gear has all been earned over a long career making music. He's a cool guy who is here starting fresh in Portland. He's got a lot of classic guitars and gear, and even better stories. It's been fun getting to know him a little bit.

Thanks so much for the feedback. It seems like a song people really to which people respond well, and I think it connects to the personal part of this thing we all do.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Tags
dadgad, larrivee om-03, original song, youtube