The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-25-2022, 12:01 PM

Big fan for a long time, only got to see him once but it was a great show. Amazing talent on vocals, guitars, and writing, and good to see him turn his life around--hard to believe, though, that anyone could party too hard for the DBT's!

This is an acoustic forum, but he bought "Red Eye", Ed King's 1959 Les Paul Standard...just an amazing guitar!
Old 01-25-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezp View Post
I am also a big Isbell fan.
We have seen him almost very time he has come through town for the past 8-9 years.
For a few of those shows the band would play a classic rock cover to start their encore. They did great versions of "Stone Free" and "Can't you hear me knockin'" that I have seen.

I have really loved about 99% of his and the band's musical output.

I, don't really love their cover of "Night swimming" unlike others. I think his voice on that song sounds a bit Kermit the frog.

EZ
"Night Swimming" wasn't great, but I loved their cover of "Driver 8"....
Old 01-25-2022, 12:56 PM

Big fan as well. Seen him multiple times.

Saw him at a really small venue in Bowling Green, KY right before Southeastern came out, and it was phenomenal.

He did an acoustic show at EKU in '18 that was also great.

Last saw him in Boone NC at the football stadium. It was OK - I just really prefer more intimate venues.
Old 01-25-2022, 02:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezp View Post
I am also a big Isbell fan.
We have seen him almost very time he has come through town for the past 8-9 years.
For a few of those shows the band would play a classic rock cover to start their encore. They did great versions of "Stone Free" and "Can't you hear me knockin'" that I have seen.

I have really loved about 99% of his and the band's musical output.

I, don't really love their cover of "Night swimming" unlike others. I think his voice on that song sounds a bit Kermit the frog.

EZ
They closed Saturday night with "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion