The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 01-07-2022, 02:17 PM

Default Matao

I came into possession of a MIJ Matao M 325 classical guitar and would like to know if anyone has any information to share about the model. I've looked around online and see the general story of Matao 1960s to 1983, selling Japanese (Hoshino Plant)/Korean imports mostly in the Pacific Northwest. In the 70's and into the early 80's they mostly made "cheap" knock-offs of the big-boy American electric standards. I've even come across a list of known model numbers, none of which include the M 325. Most model number designations (at least the acoustic ones) are two letters MC, MW, MD and numbers. Mine is on the label clear as day M 325 (with the space) and says Matao - Fine Fretted Instruments - Made in Japan. The headstock does not have the Matao logo (any version) - so I presume it's one of their earlier models late 60s to early 70s. Information is pretty sparse out there ...

Thanks!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Tags
classical guitar, japanese, matao, vintage acoustic