The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-05-2020, 12:50 PM

Default Acoustic mic setup Fishman Ellipse blend and K&K

Hi everyone

Im currently working on a new setup for my acoustic mics and are wondering about a few things. On one of my guitars I have an Fishman Ellipse Matrix Blend. On this guitar I want keep the fishman as is. Then I have a new K&K pure mini that Im going to installon on a separate pin output jack from the gutar. I will have to drill a new hole for this but that is fine. Last I will set a Sunrise pickup in the sound hole. My question is. I do not want to drill more holes so I will replace on jack with a sterio out. Should I connect the fishman and the sunrise on a that stereo outlet jack or the sunrise and the k&K on a stereo outlet jack. The reson I am asking is that I am tryed to connect the fishman and the sunrise pickup on a stereo jack outlet and the fishman worked fine but I am getting a hum noice on the Sunrise. Im wondering if the fishman is causing this?

If anyone as any idea let me know.

Thanks allot

Bjorn
Old 10-07-2020, 11:45 PM

Try the sunrise alone, then check for hum. Or wire the sunrise directly. Pay attention to the polarity as well. If the sunrise is a single coil, you will deal with hum at times, this is typical of single coil pickups. Good luck
Paracho Bajo Quinto
Gabbanelli solid body bajo quinto (M1A/DP156)

Amps:
VOX AGA150
Line 6 spider
Old 10-08-2020, 08:31 PM

A Sunrise and a K & K will work on a TRS jack. I ran a guitar like that for quite a while. I liked the combination.

I was running it through a Strawberry Blonde amp which would take a single TRS input and split it to two channels, which was pretty cool. I didn't have to use a split cable. This allowed me to use a TRS cable and get both pickups or a regular cable and get only one pickup. I think I'm remembering this correctly. It was 10 years or so ago.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
fishman, k&k mini