The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-18-2016, 03:10 AM

Smile Taylor 214ce OR godin A6 ultra

Taylor 214ce OR godin A6 ultra

Im a singer and composer
I prefer myself play the lines of guitar in my new music in studio . For example rhytming and playing solo and others..
And i , like some of tecnique of electric guitar and jazz guitar too (arch top guitar)

Which is best choice for me ? Why i shouldnt buy a semi hallow guitar? Or why i should buy a semi hallow guitar ?
Your advises and your experience , will be so helpful ,thnx alot...
Old 06-18-2016, 10:51 AM

Normally when somebody asks about a comparison between a Taylor 114 or 214 and another guitar, I recommend the other guitar. I'm not a fan of Taylors below the 300 level.

IN this case, though, it's a lot more complicated.These are very different tools!

The Taylor is an acoustic guitar. The Godin isn't. The Godin is an electric guitar that has been engineered from the ground up to give you good acoustic-like tones (among other things) when plugged in.

The Godin is going to be much more versatile in terms of plugged in sound, but if you want to play unplugged, it's not up to the task. That's not what it's for.

For what you describe, a lot of multi-track recording with one guitar, you're going to get a lot more sounds out of the Godin. Unless playing unplugged is an important part of what you want to do, I suspect that's the right choice for you here.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
godin, godin a6, semi-hollow, taylor, taylor 214ce