The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 09-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Charter Member

Default For Nylon - S&P Woodland Pro Folk Sunburst

Guitar has been traded.

I'm a little embarrassed trading this because I really like it, and I gushed about it here. I bought it thinking I was done shopping. Then I bought a Guild JF30 and a Seagull SM6. Once again I have too many steel string guitars, and this one is the odd one out. It's just too pretty to use as a utilitarian beater, and I do like the Guild more. So…

I'd like to trade for a Guild Mark, Alvarez/Yairi, Taylor, or Martin nylon string guitar. I currently do not own a nylon string. Trade value $500. I can add cash. FT only.

This is an S&P Woodland Pro Folk Sunburst with an after market L.R. Baggs soundhole pup. It has a padded gig bag. I paid $500 off Craigslist from a guy in Corvallis OR, and I put $100 into set-up and fret work at The 12th Fret in Portland. It is set-up nicely for light strings in standard tuning. I currently have mediums on this in open G or DADGAD. I like it better in standard, and I'll put a new set of EXP lights on it in the next couple days.

Best qualities? Surprisingly piano like bass with good sustain, versatile as strummer or fingerpicker, all solid wood, and a really pretty sunburst. It's a Spruce/Mahogany build. Supposedly the top is a red spruce, but I don't know if I can verify that. And quite frankly, I don't think it matters that much.

In excellent condition with some light swirls in the finish from playing. There's a little mark in the heel, and I'll try to get a pic of that. No cracks or issues.

I have one pic below. I'll get more. Here's a video of me putting this guitar to work:

Last edited by flagstaffcharli; 09-30-2014 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Gone. Traded.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:24 AM
Charter Member

I have had a couple offers. I may part with it for cash down the road, but for now I would to see what interesting trades are out there since there aren't many of the nylon string guitars I mentioned for sale locally. Thanks.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:15 AM
Charter Member

Bumpelstiltskin.

Somebody suggested that I specify that I'm looking for a crossover. Not necessarily. I'm just looking for a guitar that interests me, which is why I mentioned some brands. I really like older, playable Guild and Martin nylon string guitars. I also like Alvarez/Yairi. There may be other interesting things out there. I am willing to add cash for a fair deal.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
godin, seagull folk, simon & patrick, simon and patrick