The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-10-2020, 10:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
For a little,relatively cheap object there's been a whole lot said about more or less nothing,it seems from here.
I've had mine for 3 years or so and it's been just fine.
Now, I know some folks who treat their stuff poorly and wonder why they don't last longer. Maybe if these things were more expensive people would look after them better.
Everybody is cooped at home and have simply run out of things to talk about. I guess that is why so many folks talk about the weather and/or sports instead of things of substance during normal times.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 04-10-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
For a little,relatively cheap object there's been a whole lot said about more or less nothing,it seems from here.
I've had mine for 3 years or so and it's been just fine.
Now, I know some folks who treat their stuff poorly and wonder why they don't last longer. Maybe if these things were more expensive people would look after them better.
There is clearly a weak point at the ball joint. If you’re a gigging musician or a fairly active musician who plays frequently with others, you’ll probably experience a failure at that point. That is, unless you plan to baby and protect your tuner like a newborn. I guess that’s fine for some folks, but since there are better options, I’ll go with a more robust design.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataylor View Post
I’m disappointed I can’t find mine. It’s got to be around here somewhere.

I can’t remember how I got it. I don’t remember buying it, so it must have been a gift from someone. Maybe Santa put it in my Christmas stocking a few years back. I have liked it and used it a lot more than I initially expected.
Found it. Still works.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:08 PM

I've never found Snark tuners to be as accurate as others. I've owned 5 or 6 Snarks from $10-$30. The expensive ones aren't any more accurate than the cheap ones in my experience.

My favorite clip-on (that I own) is a Korg Pitchcrow. It beats Snark hands-down for accuracy. Even the cheap Delta Lab that I bought for $5 on sale at GC is more accurate than any of my Snarks. When plugging in I don't use a clip-on at all, but plug into any one or chain of two tuners.
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion