The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-25-2020, 07:35 AM

Default A shame...

That the classifieds are full of so many hideous guitars. Like that Carmel parlor, despite its graceful lines and beautiful detailing I can barely stand to look at it. And that Santa Cruz H13, it looks like some sort of wild animal clawed the top, I don't even think I could let it in the house. That Lowden F35...who even likes classic and elegant? Nobody, that's who, Jackie Kennedy. Don't even get me started on the cocobolo back of that Franks 0000, the only jaw dropping I'd be doing is to throw up if I had to live with it.

Nope, I don't want any of them, and I can stop thinking about them whenever I want. Like now. Or now. Ok...now. Sigh.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatfinger McGee View Post
That the classifieds are full of so many hideous guitars. Like that Carmel parlor, despite its graceful lines and beautiful detailing I can barely stand to look at it. And that Santa Cruz H13, it looks like some sort of wild animal clawed the top, I don't even think I could let it in the house. That Lowden F35...who even likes classic and elegant? Nobody, that's who, Jackie Kennedy. Don't even get me started on the cocobolo back of that Franks 0000, the only jaw dropping I'd be doing is to throw up if I had to live with it.

Nope, I don't want any of them, and I can stop thinking about them whenever I want. Like now. Or now. Ok...now. Sigh.
HAHA! Sorry to say this took me a minute, then I caught on.
Taylor GA8 Sitka/EIR
Reverend '21 Charger 290
Gibson '03 Les Paul Studio Swamp Ash
Fender '94 American Std Strat
Squier Classic Vibe Baritone Telecaster

Many are gone but not forgotten...some are just forgotten
Old 09-25-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:

Hmm.. I must say.. I do detect a bit of personal conflict going on here... but hey, I'm not a shrink, and I've never played one on TV...
Old 09-25-2020, 08:23 AM
Charter Member

Oh, her? She's ugly!

Old 09-25-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
Oh, her? She's ugly!

Exactly! So ugly. Also those grapes up there are disgusting, I bet they’re totally sour.
Old 09-25-2020, 01:45 PM

Can't stand to look at that 1968 D-21. What a dog! Others that are hard to look at: OM-21, OM-18V, couple Bourgeous's. Oh, the humanity!
Old 09-25-2020, 04:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

So YOU'RE the one who has been leaving drool on those unprepossessing (how's that for the word of the day) White Ebony H13 and 0000 Cocobolo pictures - I wondered who it was!
Old 09-25-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak2525 View Post
So YOU'RE the one who has been leaving drool on those unprepossessing (how's that for the word of the day) White Ebony H13 and 0000 Cocobolo pictures - I wondered who it was!

It’s a lot better since I installed these wiper blades on my laptop, I gave them 5 stars on Amazon.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
It’s a lot better since I installed these wiper blades on my laptop, I gave them 5 stars on Amazon.
Yeah, I had to go to a waterproof keyboard!
Old 09-25-2020, 06:12 PM

Gotta admit, it'd be a real shame if that Carmel Parlor actually sold. I don't really want to part with it, but I promised I'd at least try! And, if it doesn't get snapped up, I'm just going to suggest to my wife that we rent a Uhaul instead of hiring movers. At least I'll have something to kick back on the couch with while recovering from carrying all those boxes out of a third-story walk-up apartment.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:57 PM
Charter Member

Did any one see the Doer Trinity?! I certainly hope not. Whatever you do, do not look at those pictures.
Also, don’t even think about peeking at that 63’ Martin 00-21NY.

‘sniff, sniff, whimper, sniff’
Old 09-25-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRose View Post
Did any one see the Doer Trinity?! I certainly hope not. Whatever you do, do not look at those pictures.
Also, don’t even think about peeking at that 63’ Martin 00-21NY.

‘sniff, sniff, whimper, sniff’
Reminds me a bit of Indiana Jones in Raiders of the lost ark, "Marion close your eyes and don't look at it"......
Old 09-25-2020, 09:02 PM

Those are all dogs, and you know it. Quit fantasizing that they aren't.

Someone really needs that Bourgeois Vintage D. I already have one and I'm having trouble resisting it. Plus, I only live a couple of hours from it. Help!!!!

Never mind. Dogs. All of them. I'm ok now.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:09 PM

Where are you seeing this??
Old 09-25-2020, 09:14 PM

And no one even mentioned the Preston Thompson or the Pre War. It's a tough crowd in there. Sometimes it scares me to go in.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion