The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-18-2021, 11:19 AM

Default Pedalboard suggestions for acoustic guitar rig

Before I let my Sweetwater Sales Engineer run amok with suggestions I wanted to see if anyone here has any recommendations for a quality pedalboard where I can connect my stomp boxes and provide power to all of them. My rig is going to be relatively basic. I need a good power supply and will have 4-5 additional pedals (tuner, looper, delay, reverb, etc). I need the power supply, looper, and actual board. I'm thinking of something where I can connect the pedals, velcro them down, zip it and go like I used to have 20 years ago.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 04-18-2021, 01:17 PM

If you do Velcro, then Pedaltrain is a standard board, and comes with a carry bag.

I like zip ties and use Holeyboards, but use a Mono case, as I’m not a fan of the Bomber bags from Holeyboard, and I like the ties better than Velcro .

For power, I used to use a Strymon Zuma which worked fine, but am enjoying Cioks now and seems to be extremely quiet, specifically the Cioks 8. It’s also more versatile in my opinion.

Sweetwater doesn’t carry Holeyboard.

Best of luck!
Anderson Crowdster Plus
Anderson Crowdster 2+
Takamine EF-360S
Old 04-18-2021, 01:20 PM

Donner makes some pretty good / inexpensive power supplies, Ebay or Amazon. I've had very good luck with mine, and it runs quite a bit of stuff.

For the board,, Gator Bone would fit what you have I think or a pedal train Metro.

Last edited by rmp; 04-19-2021 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-18-2021, 02:54 PM
Charter Member

I’m in the process of putting together an acoustic pedal board and chose this one to start with. It’s very user friendly and the power supply is built into the board.

http://https://www.sweetwater.com/st...rd-and-gig-bag
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 04-18-2021, 05:14 PM

I know you said an acoustic pedal board, but I think you are asking about the actual board itself, not the pedals used so here is my take.

The board on the left is VooDooLabs. Great board, relatively light, well made with great carry case and power supply all hooked up when ordered as such. This was a pedal power 2+ power supply(I think it has recently been replaced with the three series of power packs). Solid, clean sounding independent lines, eight outputs. I recommend this board highly because it has big slots to run all your wiring through giving you plenty of layout options.

The board on the right is from TempleAudio. Why I just didn’t get the smaller VooDooLabs board, I don’t know. The TA board is not available with a power supply, you have to buy and install your own. It does not come with a carry case, you have to buy one from the company separately. You have to punch out the semi attached pieces of metal on the sides of the board to run plug wires through. And the biggest insult of all is the minimal holes in the top deck to run your wiring through, also being just small enough to really be a PITA for 1/4” plugs. Needles to say I do not recommend a board from TempleAudio.

Old 04-19-2021, 10:04 AM
Charter Member

I use TrailerTrash Pedalboards. Not as cheap as the light weight boards. But they are pro quality. And built to travel well. So if you may be loading in a truck or trailer. You can't beat 'em.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:15 AM

I wanted something battery powered for busking and went with this:

https://www.samash.com/tourtek-pb190...se-satpb1905-p

It's not huge, but they make a bigger version. So far, it's held up and lets me play plugged in to a/c or with the battery, which seems to last about 4 hours.
Old 04-19-2021, 11:09 AM

I have no idea. I don’t even use pedals with electrics and have never plugged in an acoustic at a gig. Always played solo and used one mic for guitar and vocals.
Old 04-19-2021, 11:30 AM

For acoustic, I use an On-Stage GPB2000 pedal board with a Voodoo Lab X4 to power things. I use a TC Hyper Gravity Mini compressor and a Boss AD-2 Preamp. The guitar has an onboard tuner and EQ. That's all I need. I will add a Ditto and maybe a delay or chorus if I am feeling saucy.

The electric board is the bigger GPB3000 powered by a VL pedal power 2+ It powers 12 or more depending on how its configured. I use the VL splitter to power 2 pedals on each tap
Old 04-19-2021, 10:20 PM

I have three K&K loaded guitars that I use with this board and they sound amazing, nice and clear through the line array PA at my church.
Yamaha FG800 Sandburst
Old 04-21-2021, 02:18 PM

I bought one of these and I'm quite happy with it:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=625866

It comes with a decent bag. They also have both a larger and a smaller version. If you're not in a hurry they sometimes put them on sale. I bought mine for $45, shipping included.

2012 Martin HD-28V
1984 Martin Shenandoah D-2832
2018 Gretsch G5420TG
Oscar Schmidt Autoharp, unknown vintage
ToneDexter
Bugera V22 Infinium
Old 04-22-2021, 07:44 AM

I chose my pedalboard
for its size and i liked
how the power supply
fit in. The board itself is 12x12.
I think all commercial
pb are pretty good so im
not going to chime in with
another brand name to add to
your search.
What i will suggest as a replacement
for velcro is this.

Ive done this with mine and it works very well. holds secure and no zipties.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification