The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-12-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
You guys better stop this daft banter lest someone think we're not serious.
Seriously not serious banterness I guess can happen in the correct conditions.,, such as lighting and depth of field oh and if you had a V8 or not (which can cause walking on a slant as you well know.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 03-22-2018, 04:40 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
Emerald would likely build you a neck with a 12" fretboard radius and would also eliminate the truss rod on request since that is how they originally built their necks. They have built a number of custom electrics which I'm sure have similar radius.

There would be added cost for the radius but maybe you could see if the cost could be offset a bit by eliminating the cost of the truss rod to save weight. Just write them and they'll let you know. No one customizes as much as Emerald does.
AC, I took your suggestion and contacted Alistair at Emerald Guitars and they indeed will do a 12" fretboard radius so I went ahead and ordered a custom X7 today. I ordered it with the 12" fretboard radius, trussrod delete, pinless bridge, lightweight Sperzel tuners and a green gloss finish on the top and on the face of the headstock and the Crystal Ice finish on the back and sides. Alistair was wonderful to work with and I'm excited to be getting it in about 4 months or so. My hats off to you! Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 03-22-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblybob View Post
AC, I took your suggestion and contacted Alistair at Emerald Guitars and they indeed will do a 12" fretboard radius so I went ahead and ordered a custom X7 today. I ordered it with the 12" fretboard radius, trussrod delete, pinless bridge, lightweight Sperzel tuners and a green gloss finish on the top and on the face of the headstock and the Crystal Ice finish on the back and sides. Alistair was wonderful to work with and I'm excited to be getting it in about 4 months or so. My hats off to you! Thanks for the suggestion!
Wow that is great..except the wait.. at least you didn't hesitate,, and procrastinate...Ill quick put a hat on so I can join you in the salute. Alistair builds great stuff... especially guitars.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 03-22-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblybob View Post
Awesome congrats on the order! Emerald seems to be fantastic with their service and willingness to customize to make it just right for you!
Old 03-26-2018, 05:32 PM

Looking forward to photos after it arrives. Sounds like a great combinations of features.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber