The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-26-2019, 06:30 PM

Fair enough if you tried and were left with no alternatives. I think some insurance schemes are aimed at those who don’t do their research, like mobile phone insurance - almost always covered by home insurance for loss, accidental damage or theft. Others are designed in a way so as not to pay out if you don’t read the small print - the absolute cheapest travel insurance and their medical condition get out clauses. It’s a rather unscrupulous field sometimes so I can see the piece of mind value in specific instrument insurance.

For anyone UK based I do recommend Privilege Home Insurance in terms of their instrument cover policy, although like someone mentioned before I think if you are a full-time paid musician according to what the guy told me they won’t pay out.

Old 11-26-2019, 09:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
I have Heritage through Traveler's and they have been great. I have only had to file one claim but it was handled professionally and quickly to my satisfaction.

Here is a link to their site.

https://musicins.com

Best,
Jayne
You made me second guess, but would it actually be considered Travelers through Heritage? I think travelers is the underwriter, right? And heritage is the agent?
Old 11-27-2019, 07:58 AM
Eric Skye

I've used Anderson's for many years. But I've never made a claim.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:43 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcran View Post
You made me second guess, but would it actually be considered Travelers through Heritage? I think travelers is the underwriter, right? And heritage is the agent?
Yes, as I understand it, Heritage works with several underwriters. I guess I think of it the other way because Heritage is always who I deal with directly, but you are probably technically correct.

Best,
Jayne
Old 11-29-2019, 01:41 PM
Charter Member

Yet another vote for Heritage. Homeowners insurance is fine for inexpensive guitars for loss due to fire, water, theft, but try telling Sate Farm that your mint 1944 Martin D-28 dropped from your hands and now has 2 top cracks, and Several 12” cracks 6” on either side of the end pin. Now your $50,000 guitar is worth $22,000 and a repair bill for $1,500... Who’d cover the $28,000 loss in value going from mint to good and a repair bill for 8x the cost of the average guitar? Heritage would.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
I have Heritage through Traveler's and they have been great. I have only had to file one claim but it was handled professionally and quickly to my satisfaction.

Here is a link to their site.

https://musicins.com

Best,
Jayne
I am looking into this for my guitars as well. However, this website link doesn't work at present. I get warning/error that says "this site cannot provide a secure connection."
Old 12-21-2019, 06:02 PM

I have a valuable personal property policy for my guitars through USAA.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:11 PM
Eric Skye

I've been very happy with Anderson, I also had Heritage for a years. I haven't filed a claim with either, so my opinions are just based on price and stated coverage.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
insurance