The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-27-2019, 07:10 PM

My Shubb capos regularly end up in my back pants pocket (lost until I sit down).
Old 11-27-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
They're breeding, obviously. In a week or two you're going to wake up, then walk to the bathroom and find yourself crunching dozens of them underfoot....

whm
Well, that's just silly. If there were two of them and then a third appeared, sure. But one into none into two? I think the only rational explanation is that the first one somehow followed me to a gig and brought someone home.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
It's still not safe to say that publicly - the guys in the white coats have already homed in on your location and will be giving you something "to help you relax" before they strap you into what they describe as "the latest in fashionable menswear" before transporting you to your new, less stress-inducing home...

Wade Hampton "Head Out Through The Back Window Now!" Miller
I hope they let me bring my guitars!
Old 11-27-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakybird View Post
Don't let your family know. They might put you in memory care!
That's why i have two capos !
Old 11-27-2019, 07:42 PM

An incident from over 30 years ago. I had a very heavy case and showed up to a gig. When I opened my case, it was empty. I had to borrow a guitar.

Another time at the Peterborough Folk Festival, I changed out of my shorts and into my stage outfit and had a visit with some friends. I went to the car to get my mandolin about 20 minutes before we went on. I realised 2 mandolins and my shorts with the car keys in the pocket were locked in the car. Luckily the CAA (Canadian Automobile Association) showed up and unlocked the door about five minutes before we were to go on.
I explained to the crowd how close I had come to having to sing my mandolin solos.
-1950 Gibson LG1
-1958 Goya M-26
-Various banjos, mandolins, dulcimers, ukuleles, Autoharps, mouth harps. . .
Old 11-27-2019, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHJim View Post
...... I realised 2 mandolins and my shorts with the car keys in the pocket were locked in the car. Luckily the CAA (Canadian Automobile Association) showed up and unlocked the door about five minutes before we were to go on.
I explained to the crowd how close I had come to having to sing my mandolin solos.
Whew, that was a close one! Canadian audiences are notably intolerant of performers who scat-sing their mandolin solos!

whm
Old 11-27-2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:
They're breeding, obviously. In a week or two you're going to wake up, then walk to the bathroom and find yourself crunching dozens of them underfoot....
It's the pupal stage. They start off as lost picks, metamorphose into peg winders, and a few of them will survive to maturity as capos.

It's like the safety pin > coat hanger > bicycle circle of life.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion