The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 01-31-2021, 06:41 PM
Charter Member

Default Two Dreads: 2014 Marklund Madagascar & 2017 Bourgeois Country Boy Deluxe

Selling (no trade offers, please) two excellent dreadnaught guitars.
1) 2014 Marklund D28 with the following specs:
-Alpine Spruce top
-Madagascar Rosewood back/sides
-Rear shifted 39 style bracing
-1 3/4 nut & 2 5/16 saddle
-Tucked alpine bracing & bridgeplate
-Compression fretted, wartime ebony rod, hide glue, nitro finish, early 34 burst.
The neck angle is perfect, plays like a dream, and the guitar accommodates all styles of playing. Wonderful tone and balance across the range. The rear-shifted bracing eliminates the boominesss associated with some guitars, which makes this one a pleasure to play in front of a microphone and, I would think, for recording.
As reported by a previous seller, a crack that developed in the back near the center strip during the build was repaired on the spot. While visible to the naked eye it is not an issue.
The binding near the endpin has shrunk slightly, resulting in a slight cosmetic imperfection there. On the top, there is a small finish wear spot and a few scratches between the bridge and soundhole. The guitar has had a neck reset, and the original tuners were replaced with silver Waverly Butterbeans. A K&K pickup has been removed. The dots are still glued to the bridge plate. Comes with a black Martin alligator tolex hardshell case. The nojak Stewmac endpin is solid but is not a perfect fit as shown in a photo that I can send.
Per Marklund has quickly established himself as an elite builder and his prices have moved up accordingly. This is your chance to own an outstanding example at roughly one-third the cost and without the wait.
Price is $3,600, including a nearly-new Elliott satin finish capo sized for this guitar's 12" neck radius. Capo comes in the Elliott bag and includes an extra plastic sleeve. Price drops to $3,500 without the capo.
Buyer pays $120 shipping.
Thanks for looking and happy to send along additional pictures. Several prior ads for this guitar are still available through Reverb and are good sources of additional information.
Will email link to anyone interested in hearing the guitar played by the gentleman from whom I purchased it. The link is shared with his permission.
Paypal only.

2) 2017 Bourgeois Country Boy Deluxe; baked Adi top
Up for sale is a loud and proud example of the Bourgeois Country Boy Deluxe. Enthusiasts know that Dana builds these with figured mahogany for the back and sides and this one does not disappoint.
Built in 2017, I purchased it as new stock back in October. While it has been played a fair amount in the intervening months it is still in excellent + condition. It came to me with two faint parallel marks on the neck in the first and second positions as though someone had carelessly/quickly removed a capo without ensuring that the sharp edges were clear of the neck. They are faint and I do not feel them when I play the guitar; however, they are visible to the naked eye in the right light. Further, it has two small, light colored spots on the top that are anomalies of the wood. Again, you only see them in the right light.
Best information is here: https://willcuttguitars.com/products...adirondack-921.
No nicks, dents, or rash of any kind and the pickguard is free of scratches.
Action is spot on and it plays like a dream.
Price is $3,500 PayPal. No trades. I'll pay shipping to the lower 48 and buyer picks up the PayPal fees. Recent verbal appraisal of $4k. These are at least $5,200 new and they are now special order only.
Thanks for looking and let me know if you want additional pictures.
Attached Images
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marklund3.jpg (33.2 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg marklund2.jpg (30.8 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg marklund4.jpg (29.5 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg marklund11.jpg (36.9 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg Bourgeois1.jpg (28.7 KB, 189 views)

Last edited by KirkM; 02-02-2021 at 04:57 PM. Reason: change in shipping cost

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars