The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 08:34 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Arrow SOLD: Kinnaird 000 12 fret Honduran/Bearclaw Adi..simply Amazing!! PRICE DROP

Kinnaird 000 12 fret Honduran/Bearclaw Adirondack Spruce...simply Amazing guitar!!

Was....NOW SOLD!!

Need to finish funding a custom...Back on the market

You just simply cannot go wrong with this guitar. The perfect combination of look, playability, tone and some really pretty and desirable woods all in one package. SUPER fun to play!! I bought this guitar several years back, sold it during a tough season, and then bought it back and have enjoyed every minute of playing it. With the custom Kinnaird I have coming shortly, this sale albeit hard to do, will help with the cash flow needed to fund the new one on the way.

This guitar is the perfect size guitar for the fingerstyle player, or for a couch guitar, or for the person who loves the ease of play of a 12 fret guitar. The scale length is a full 25 1/2 inches but the bridge on a 12 fret is moved further down the lower bout to allow the sweet spot of the strings to be more centered creating a full rich sound. Additionally, the cutaway is more significant than most allowing access to nearly the entire fretboard. Tonally, this guitar is as loud or louder and more responsive than any I own. The addition of the soundport allows more enjoyment to the player as well.

The guitar is quite stunning visually as it has significant bearclaw in the Adirondack Spruce top. The Honduran Rosewood not only smells amazing, but is gorgeous to the eye. The special treatment on the neck and the headstock make it visually attractive from the front or the back.

The woods:

Adirondack Spruce: Considered by many to be the "holy grail" top wood, Adirondack spruce has a “springy” quality. Acoustically, it produces a robust output and more dynamic range than many other spruces, which allows it to be driven aggressively for greater volume without distortion. The midrange tones also tend to have a richer, sweeter quality. Very stiff with great tap tone.

Honduran Rosewood: Honduran Rosewood has grown difficult to obtain. Denser than Indian Rosewood, Honduran Rosewood is well known for its tonal properties being the preferred wood for Marimba bars. It compares well to Brazilian Rosewood, and many claim it is superior, producing a well-balanced sounding guitar with great projection and strong lows and highs. In fact, during the 50’s and 60’s the great Spanish makers considered it to be the only acceptable substitute to Brazilian Rosewood!

The guitar is in fantastic condition.

Woods & Trim:

Back/Sides: Figured Honduran Rosewood
Top Wood: Adirondack (Red) Spruce
Fingerboard: Ebony
Frets: Gold Jescar EVO
Nut, Saddle, and Bridge pins: Bone
Neck Wood: Honduran Mahogany reinforced with Carbon Fiber
Fretboard: MOP Diamonds
Bridge: Ebony
Bridge Pins: Tortoise
Rosette: Rosewood and Wood Lines
Binding: Ebony with Rosewood
Fingerboard Bindings: Ebony
Headplate: Rosewood
Headstock Bindings: Ebony
Headstock Inlay: None
Top Trim: Wood Lines
Tuners: Schaller Grand Tune Gold tuners
Case: Tweed Hardshell case

Measurements:

Scale: 25 1/2 in.
Nut Width: 1 3/4
String Spacing: 2 1/4 in.
Body Length: 19 7/8 in.
Upper Bout: 9 5/8 in.
Lower Bout: 14 3/4 in.
Body Depth @Neck Heel: 4 in.
Body Depth @Tail Block: 4 1/4 in.

WAS..... NOW SOLD!! plus insured shipping and paypal. Original hard case included in perfect condition. Will consider reasonable all cash offers and some trades with a large cash component.

Just added new Schaller Grand Tune Gold tuners that look Phenomenal on this guitar...just what the guitar needed.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

Last edited by invguy921; 02-20-2021 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:22 AM
Charter Member

Any idea if this is the 000 Honduran John brought to the Woodstock show in 2017...? If so, I spent some time with it at the show and regretted not buying it. It was superlative....Robert
Flammang SEL
SCGC 00-12 EIR/Sitka
SCGC OM Mahogany/Moon
Old 01-01-2021, 10:21 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Any idea if this is the 000 Honduran John brought to the Woodstock show in 2017...? If so, I spent some time with it at the show and regretted not buying it. It was superlative....Robert
Robert, I don't think so as I am pretty sure one of our beloved AGF members owned it then. That said, I'd be hard pressed to believe it was any better than this one.

Contact me if you wanna get those "regrets" behind you for 2021!!

Old 01-01-2021, 12:51 PM
Charter Member

Smile Hey Mike!

A few changes to your specs. I had JK install the brushed gold Gotoh 510 tuners with Rosewood buttons, shown in your excellent pics. He added the slot diamonds on the Fretboard at the same time.

Top is Bearclaw Adirondack I believe. John also uses Adi for the braces, and hide glue everywhere it helps tone. Don't forget the laminated and Carbon Fiber reinforced super strong neck!

Since I still have two of the Customs John built me, and yet another on the way I must resist the siren call of this BOSS AXE.

I have already owned it twice! Hahahaha

This is "THE INSTIGATOR"/ Agent 99. Warning: do not buy this unless you are prepared to have your preconceived notions of what a 000-12 can do completely overcome.

This guitar has launched at least a dozen commissions from John!

I would not be surprised to see another from whoever gets this...

If you haven't been hanging here long you may not know that Mike is a SPLENDID FELLOW, and top shelf seller!

Happy New Year

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More

Last edited by Guitars44me; 01-01-2021 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-01-2021, 01:06 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
One change to your specs. I had JK install the brushed gold Gotoh 510 tuners with Rosewood buttons, shown in your excellent pics. He added the slot diamonds on the Fretboard at the same time.

Since I still have two of the Customs John built me, and another on the way I must resist the siren call of this BOSS AXE.

I have already owned it twice! Hahahaha

This is "THE INSTIGATOR"/ Agent 99. Warning: do not buy this unless you are prepared to have your preconceived notions of what a 000-12 can do completely overcome.

This guitar has launched at least a dozen commissions from John!

I would not be surprised to see another from whoever gets this...

Happy New Year

Paul
Thanks Paul for the suggested correction to the tuners. I have adjusted the description accordingly.

And yes, THIS guitar is just really special. I totally agree that this one is a game changer and has been for a LOT of people who have heard it or played it. Whoever gets this will pinch themselves when they play it Crazy fun to play and great tone ta-boot!!

Last edited by invguy921; 01-09-2021 at 08:03 AM.
Old 01-01-2021, 01:06 PM

As a very happy owner of John's guitar I can say that whatever magic he performs building the instruments, leads to beautifully and inspiring tone monsters.
Mike knows J.Kinnard's instruments more than many of us here ; buy with a confidence.
Alex
• Froggy Bottom H12 Adi/EIR
• Ramirez 1A
• Rayan Nightingale Bearclaw Spruce / EIR
• Traugott 00 German Spruce/Braz
• Vicente Sanchis 41FL
Old 01-01-2021, 04:33 PM
Charter Member

As a former owner of this guitar I can attest that it is far above average in every area.

Grab this one while you can. You will not be sorry.
Old 01-01-2021, 04:41 PM

Default Wow

What a great looking guitar.
It must be as great as my fellow Gasser’s club have described because they should know.
What a way to start the New Year!
Alan
1980 Nakade classical, Spruce/EIR
and... a bunch of ukulele
Old 01-01-2021, 05:44 PM
Charter Member

Smile Hey Alan

Hey Alan!
I'm surprised you haven't owned this one yet! I expect a few more former owners to chime in in one, two, three....

I would Not be surprised to see someone else buy it back again

Happy New Year

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 01-02-2021, 10:01 AM

Ah... Agent 99... I've spent time with this guitar. The tone is ridiculous! There's something extra that John gets out of the instruments he builds that is very special. And this guitar has that special extra tone. Anyone who's played it falls kind of in love.... Including me! But I'm tapped out right now.

GLWS! Someone will be playing a fine instrument soon!

beth
Old 01-02-2021, 10:57 AM
Charter Member

John builds beautiful sounding guitars and this one is no exception. As others have said, Mike is a great guy and has worked with many here to put some top notch guitars in AGF member's hands. Someone will be lucky to snag this one. Good luck with your sale Mike
Old 01-02-2021, 04:26 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh1 View Post
Ah... Agent 99... I've spent time with this guitar. The tone is ridiculous! There's something extra that John gets out of the instruments he builds that is very special. And this guitar has that special extra tone. Anyone who's played it falls kind of in love.... Including me! But I'm tapped out right now.

GLWS! Someone will be playing a fine instrument soon!

beth
Thanks for chiming in Beth! I almost feel like I should know you given our connections with John and a few other Kinnaird enthusiasts. I'm actually debating selling it already. i have another guitar I could list instead...and may do so. Stay tuned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodahdoug View Post
John builds beautiful sounding guitars and this one is no exception. As others have said, Mike is a great guy and has worked with many here to put some top notch guitars in AGF member's hands. Someone will be lucky to snag this one. Good luck with your sale Mike
Thanks Doug! I appreciate your kind words. You and I have such similar taste in guitars. Knowing that, I'm a bit surprised you haven't made a run at this one. But I also know that you have a number of really great guitars and likely don't need another to have to choose between lol

Old 01-02-2021, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Hey Alan!
I'm surprised you haven't owned this one yet! I expect a few more former owners to chime in in one, two, three....

I would Not be surprised to see someone else buy it back again

Happy New Year

Paul
Yes Paul I am intrigued by this one.
Perhaps if sold one of my guitars.
Alan
1980 Nakade classical, Spruce/EIR
and... a bunch of ukulele
Old 01-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

A few additional thank yous!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arodstein View Post
As a very happy owner of John's guitar I can say that whatever magic he performs building the instruments, leads to beautifully and inspiring tone monsters.
Mike knows J.Kinnard's instruments more than many of us here ; buy with a confidence.
Alex
Thanks Alex! And you're right, I've had a ton of experience with John's guitars and am yet to find a single one disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalcutta View Post
As a former owner of this guitar I can attest that it is far above average in every area.

Grab this one while you can. You will not be sorry.
Thanks Rob! You and I have shared a bunch of guitars. I'm still debating keepin' this one and selling another of my recent acquisitions. We'll see, a vintage Martin comes to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palolowarrior View Post
What a great looking guitar.
It must be as great as my fellow Gasser’s club have described because they should know.
What a way to start the New Year!
Alan
Thanks Alan! It's one of those special ones in my humble opinion which is why I'm seriously debating taking it back down. Time will tell...

Old 01-08-2021, 07:41 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Thanks to the many of you who have reached out to me about this guitar. Heck of a guitar for the money.

Let me know if you have an interest.

Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars