The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 04-09-2020, 04:36 AM
Charter Member

To the AGF'ers advertising their own lessons here... our rules were recently changed to allow our charter members to sell lessons. Prior to this change, selling lessons had required a sponsorship.

So, to publicly answer the OP's request by advertising your own lessons, you must be a charter member with an ad in the Classifieds--Other section.

PM me if you have any questions.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
To the AGF'ers advertising their own lessons here... our rules were recently changed to allow our charter members to sell lessons. Prior to this change, selling lessons had required a sponsorship.

So, to publicly answer the OP's request by advertising your own lessons, you must be a charter member with an ad in the Classifieds--Other section.

PM me if you have any questions.
I didn’t know this! Why don’t we delete this thread and we can direct people to that area of the forum. I apologize for not knowing this previously.

I hope everyone’s doing well!
Old 04-09-2020, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfair View Post
I didn’t know this! Why don’t we delete this thread and we can direct people to that area of the forum. I apologize for not knowing this previously.

I hope everyone’s doing well!
Mayfair... it's OK. No apology necessary. The rules still read that if one sells lesson, he must sponsor. But we've recently worked out a way for members who provide lessons to do so through a charter membership and an offer of the lessons in the Classifieds--Other section. Yearly sponsorships start at $99, so we wanted to provide a way for individual artists, who also teach, to be able to promote their lessons for less money. So, they may do that through a membership ($25/year) and the Classified ad. Those members may not post a promotion in the PLAY section, but they can respond to a thread like this one.

AGF'ers who offer more of a commercial relationship, like an elaborate website with memberships or music schools offering lessons, are still required to sponsor. We deemed that to be a little different from a performer who teaches on the side to supplement income. The latter is the person this special deal was meant to help.

There is no need to delete the thread because many of the posters are not promoting their own lessons. If anyone is a fan of one particular online teacher, this is a great place to share that opinion.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write