The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-13-2024, 04:22 PM
Charter Member

Thanks again everyone. I decided to pick up an Everse 8 today and will be messing around with it a bit in my mamcave/studio and see how I like it. I have 45 days to return it, so I plan to put it through it's paces. If I don't like the sound or firm factor, I'll probably go back for the Bose or the Fishman.
Old 04-13-2024, 05:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
Thanks again everyone. I decided to pick up an Everse 8 today and will be messing around with it a bit in my mamcave/studio and see how I like it. I have 45 days to return it, so I plan to put it through it's paces. If I don't like the sound or firm factor, I'll probably go back for the Bose or the Fishman.
Good luck and reach out if you have any questions about the mixer app. I love my Everse and I think it's more versatile than either the S1 or the Fishman (both fine units of course), but the app isn't documented all that well.

P.S. Great to see Groberts' setup and wow what a setting!
Old 04-14-2024, 10:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I have ditched my Bose systems over the last few months in favor of EV systems. I didn't mention that in my original post because it seemed to be extraneous information that wasn't relative to the original post. I replaced my Bose L1 Pro8 with an EV30m and I replaced my S1 Pro with an Everse 8. the Everse is a remarkable little system and the phone app is extremely useful. I do not regret making the move to the Everse at all. I've used it for several gigs and the output and coverage is very good. I use it on the floor behind me in the tilt back position. That being said the S1 Pro design is able to fill a large area with wall to wall sound at lower volumes, but the trade off is you really need a mixer to get the most out of the system. The volume controls on each channel are so touchy, it is very difficult to raise or lower your overall volume any at all without having to rework your mix. Using a mixer gives the advantage of using the mixer's main fader as sort of a "master volume". I used an EAE Gigmix mixer that worked extremely well, but I got tired of the extra set up time and extra cables. The Everse 8 works much better for my needs.

I'm also still using my Loudbox Artist for several gigs (including last night's gig) and I am very impressed with it. I couldn't get over how good my guitar and vocals sounded last night, it was really nice. The Artist has plenty of horsepower for larger rooms, but I feel like the Everse 8 has better coverage due to design. And the ability to go completely battery powered is nice. I always had to plug in my mixer with the S1 Pro.

Please let us know how you're getting along with your Everse and feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 04-14-2024, 05:45 PM
Charter Member

Thanks to each of you. I've been charging it overnight and plan to try it out tonight.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:36 AM
Charter Member

So, I got a chance to try out the Everse 8 tonight. It's easy enough to figure out how it all works. The EQ works really well, and it has some great effects to play around with. As a previous owner of the JBL Eon One, that one was kind of a mess with the app. It dropped out constantly and the tone was okay, but not great (in my opinion).

I was only able to get to the guitar part tonight, but that part was impressive. I tried it with a Black Angel sound hole pickup and with a K&K pure mini. Both sounded really good. The Black Angel had some issues with the B string. It was just way too loud when flat picked. Finger picked, I thought it sounded great. The K&K guitar did not have the B string issue. If I decide to use the Black Angel with a pick, I'll have to figure that part out. Generally, I fingerpick, so it shouldn't be an issue regardless.

I did not get to the vocal part yet. I'm hoping to try that part tomorrow with a Shure SM 58 and see how it sounds.
Old 04-15-2024, 06:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
So, I got a chance to try out the Everse 8 tonight. It's easy enough to figure out how it all works. The EQ works really well, and it has some great effects to play around with. As a previous owner of the JBL Eon One, that one was kind of a mess with the app. It dropped out constantly and the tone was okay, but not great (in my opinion).

I was only able to get to the guitar part tonight, but that part was impressive. I tried it with a Black Angel sound hole pickup and with a K&K pure mini. Both sounded really good. The Black Angel had some issues with the B string. It was just way too loud when flat picked. Finger picked, I thought it sounded great. The K&K guitar did not have the B string issue. If I decide to use the Black Angel with a pick, I'll have to figure that part out. Generally, I fingerpick, so it shouldn't be an issue regardless.

I did not get to the vocal part yet. I'm hoping to try that part tomorrow with a Shure SM 58 and see how it sounds.
Be sure to play with some of the different presets in the Everse app. I just use the "Acoustic Guitar" preset for my guitar, but for vocals I found that some of the different mic presets worked better for me.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 04-15-2024, 09:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Mick View Post
Be sure to play with some of the different presets in the Everse app. I just use the "Acoustic Guitar" preset for my guitar, but for vocals I found that some of the different mic presets worked better for me.
Those presets can really be handy. I had a Farmer's Market gig yesterday and was playing with new strings for the first time (GHS Thin Cores instead of my usual Martin Lifespans). I use the Low Cut settings a lot, and with these strings switching from 80Hz cutoff to the 120Hz made them sound amazing, pleasantly bright but with just enough low-end for some warmth.
Old 04-15-2024, 12:57 PM
Charter Member

Thanks again everyone for the tips. After reading about the Black Angel some more, it appears that some recommended removing the pole piece for the B string and screwing the high E all the way in. I just tried this and it did help quite a lot. It's sounding quite good now. My next test will be the vocals and I will definitely look for a present for this mic.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification