The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-05-2021, 10:58 AM
Charter Member

UVa destroyed William and Mary last night, 43-0. The good thing for me as a W&M grad is that UVa is my hometown team so "my team" won regardless of the results...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 09-05-2021, 02:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahitijack View Post
South Carolina 1-0 yeah.

UCLA over LSU... WHAT?
Pretty much dominated them as well, final score seems closer than that game felt watching it. UCLA ran roughshod over the LSU defense.
Old 09-05-2021, 02:43 PM
Musical minimalist

All I know is that Sparty had a great start!! Walker III ran for 264 on 23 carries and 4 td's. Beat Northwestern by 17. Hope he stays healthy and they can keep it up!

Old 09-05-2021, 04:22 PM
Charter Member

… not a great day for Oregon football…Neither of our teams looked too good… it’s early but I’m not feeling too good about Oregon’s chances. UCLA on the other hand looked great
Old 09-06-2021, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Patrick View Post
… not a great day for Oregon football…Neither of our teams looked too good… it’s early but I’m not feeling too good about Oregon’s chances. UCLA on the other hand looked great
1-1 on the week-end for Oregon. The Ducks are ranked #11. Do you think they can continue the season ranked around #10 and perhaps play in the Rose Bowl?

Notre Dame almost blew it last night but pulled it out in OT in a thriller.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:54 AM

Big cupcake game backfire by Washington.
Epiphone Dot
Old 09-06-2021, 08:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
1-1 on the week-end for Oregon. The Ducks are ranked #11. Do you think they can continue the season ranked around #10 and perhaps play in the Rose Bowl?

Notre Dame almost blew it last night but pulled it out in OT in a thriller.
I don’t know what to make of that first game. It felt like they were hiding the playbook so as to retain the element of surprise against Ohio State next week. But the defense was very suspect. Fresno State had receivers open on almost every play. My guess is that they will get beat soundly by Ohio State and still make it to the PAC 12 title game. The PAC 12 is a pretty evenly matched conference and I expect the top teams to beat each other up. I doubt the Ducks will end the season ranked in the top 15. I want to believe but I know what I saw and it was not pretty and opens a lot of questions.

Last edited by J Patrick; 09-06-2021 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-07-2021, 10:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyeetime View Post
Big cupcake game backfire by Washington.

Sorry, Tyeetime.
I missed that game. I know that has to be disappointing for the Washington fan base.
It wasn’t long ago that Washington was in the playoffs. I’m unaware of what has happened with this program since then. Hopefully they can turn it around.
Old 09-10-2021, 01:27 PM
Charter Member

Ohio State v Oregon is the game of significance this weekend. Should be a good one.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRose View Post
Ohio State v Oregon is the game of significance this weekend. Should be a good one.
That's the game I'll be following - go Ohio State!

Just checked the schedule. Only two games with two top 25 teams playing each other. Ohio State (3) / Oregon (12) and Iowa State (9) / Iowa (10) - that's gotta be a huge event in Iowa. I wonder when the last time both Iowa teams were ranked in the top 10?
Old 09-10-2021, 03:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Just checked the schedule. Only two games with two top 25 teams playing each other. Ohio State (3) / Oregon (12) and Iowa State (9) / Iowa (10) - that's gotta be a huge event in Iowa. I wonder when the last time both Iowa teams were ranked in the top 10?

Great question!
That’s a big game too. I’ll watch that if I’m able.
Old 09-11-2021, 11:05 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

I saw an interesting stat: in the previous 68 meetings the Iowa and Iowa St teams have never both been ranked.
So there ya go.
Old 09-11-2021, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRose View Post
I saw an interesting stat: in the previous 68 meetings the Iowa and Iowa St teams have never both been ranked.
So there ya go.
Wow, that's amazing. Thanks for that stat.
Old 09-11-2021, 12:18 PM

The Ducks are taking it to my Buckeyes in the Shoe. Oregon has them totally out of sync so far even without two of their best defensive players. C’mon Bucks!
Old 09-11-2021, 02:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Patrick View Post
I don’t know what to make of that first game. It felt like they were hiding the playbook so as to retain the element of surprise against Ohio State next week. But the defense was very suspect. Fresno State had receivers open on almost every play. My guess is that they will get beat soundly by Ohio State and still make it to the PAC 12 title game. The PAC 12 is a pretty evenly matched conference and I expect the top teams to beat each other up. I doubt the Ducks will end the season ranked in the top 15. I want to believe but I know what I saw and it was not pretty and opens a lot of questions.
…I don’t usually respond to my own posts….but….I reckon now the Ducks were hiding the playbook on the offensive and defensive side last week……How do you like them apples Ohio State???!!!….OK…now I’m a believer!….GO DUCKS!…..it’s the final four or bust now baby!..

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic