The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-26-2021, 05:50 AM
Charter Member

Another vote for the TC Harmony GXT. We used that early on and the harmonies were very good. We switched over to the Boss VE-8 for awhile which we enjoyed as it had more abilities and also a built in looper but we found the harmonies to be hit or miss for some reason. In the end, I just sucked it up and started to learn how to harmonize.
Old 09-26-2021, 12:12 PM

Default Boss VE-20 … older harmonizer/fx

I use a Boss VE-20, an older fx/harmoney machine. There are four available on Reverb right now. Apparently they hold their value quite well which may speak to their usability compared to competing products. Several years ago I paid just a little more than the least expensive used one now on Reverb.

Works on presets rather than running your guitar through it, so you have to be willing to do your homework and know a little about vocal harmony if you going to use it live. The most significant con to me is that you can't backup presets. That said, I've never lost a user preset in years of use. And if I did, they to be relatively simple to reprogram. Includes a vocal looper, although I've never found a use for that function.

Recently I research the newer Boss versions and decided for me there was not enough difference to upgrade since I already understand the VE20s operation. All in all, an excellent, well-thought-out product, IMO.
Old 10-24-2021, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
This one is popular, the TC-Helicon Harmony Singer 2. I have it and like it:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...rmony-singer-2

So simple to use and sounds very nice.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification