The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-23-2021, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinder View Post
It may be the case that you just need to get my head around how flat and balanced the DC75 is. I know when I started using AER amps my initial response was “where is all the bass that I was getting with my Alto 800w 12” cabs?”, but then started listening more to my guitar in a room Vs my guitar through the Compact 60/4 and realised that it just replicates the sound of an acoustic guitar, which of course doesn’t have all the bass hype and boom/woof that a 12” top offers.

I’ve had the pleasure of listening to a couple of friends do guest spots at my shows using my Sunrise equipped SJ200 through my C60/4 and the out front tone is incredibly natural and musical. That balanced, flat response takes some head recalibration though after going through big rigs for years, and I’m sure the DC75 is similar.

Vocal wise, my C60/4 is a perfect match for my voice and I prefer singing through it to anything else I’ve tried in 3500+ shows and 23yrs on the road. I can see how it may not suit singers with a different timbre, though. I’m intrigued to hear how the DC75 fares for vocals.
I think you are 100% correct. I am really enjoying playing through the dc75...last night I decided it sounds more like guitar than the Genzler (glad I live in the woods and no one can hear me a/b-ing for hours)...but I am just so sold on the bass and the "wind" of the Genzler. I think there is a spot in my sound for the DC75 which is why I'm going to keep it. My sets are 90 percent original tunes...dark, warm, edgey stuff..(I blend the Genzler with a Princeton for some tunes..) the Genzler was made for me..ha! I know this, which is why I wouldn't want someone to overlook the DC based on my opinions of it....it is quickly growing on me and I'm sure I'll be on these forums recommending it down the road.. 🙂

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification