The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-18-2019, 06:01 AM
Guest 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
Bluegrassers and strummers take note!

No fingerstyle friendly option? As in no OM or PA shapes, and no neck redesign? Just my opinion here but there is a larger market then the bluegrassers and strummers.

Count me out- at least for now. Good to see RainSong innovating. Having said that, if I had to choose a guitar for the Island of Patmos and my choice was comfort and CF tone with a woody top vs. a woodier sounding but cumbersome jumbo or dread shape, I'm going with an X7 or an X20. The beveled OF660 sure has been nice but the weight is encroaching "weapon" territory (but I may need that on the Island of Patmos )
Maybe this is one of those, wait another year or three as they slowly add a few more sizes with this top as an option? Wouldn't make sense, IMO, long term to just have it in dread/jumbo and that's it. Personally, I'd want to A/B these in person with a standard Rainsong, but odds are quite slim since I never see cf's in any stores around me.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
There’s a goal?
Maybe making better and better. Just guessin'
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-18-2019, 04:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Maybe making better and better. Just guessin'
Of course - all makers should strive to improve their product.

I was just curious about what 'the goal' was. I don't subscribe to the notion that there is a 'CF' sound, any more than that there is a 'spruce' sound (or any other 'tonewood' sound, for that matter).

They're all acoustic guitars, with their own individual characteristics. So, if Rainsong has a 'goal' in mind with their spruce tops, what is it?
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 10-18-2019, 05:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Of course - all makers should strive to improve their product.

I was just curious about what 'the goal' was. I don't subscribe to the notion that there is a 'CF' sound, any more than that there is a 'spruce' sound (or any other 'tonewood' sound, for that matter).

They're all acoustic guitars, with their own individual characteristics. So, if Rainsong has a 'goal' in mind with their spruce tops, what is it?
To sell more guitars? Kinda like what most businesses have for a goal. Well, not necessarily guitars, but whatever it is they're selling.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
To sell more guitars? Kinda like what most businesses have for a goal. Well, not necessarily guitars, but whatever it is they're selling.
Of course.

Maybe I'm not expressing myself clearly. Wouldn't be the first time

What I'm driving at may not be expressible within the rules of this forum, so I'll just shut up'n'play my guitars
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 10-18-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Of course.

just shut up'n'play
I feel a song coming on
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-19-2019, 03:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
...I was just curious about what 'the goal' was. I don't subscribe to the notion that there is a 'CF' sound, any more than that there is a 'spruce' sound (or any other 'tonewood' sound, for that matter).

I said this before and will repeat. I don't think Rainsong is trying to take market share from Emerald, at least not with the Vintage and Nashville. They appear to be clear attempts to build/market a carbon fiber guitar for the person who doesn't like the look of a carbon fiber guitar in the same way that tiny homes are for people who wouldn't be caught dead in an RV (my theory) and Target is for those who wouldn't shop at Walmart (also my theory)...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 11-20-2021 at 07:07 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber