The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-16-2019, 09:10 AM
Guest 928

I have a question. How does the Queen get to the other side of the pond without leaving the ground?

Sounds to me like Earl better throw some swimming into his therapy program.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I have a question. How does the Queen get to the other side of the pond without leaving the ground?

Sounds to me like Earl better throw some swimming into his therapy program.
Is this a repurposed "chicken" joke ;-)
Old 08-16-2019, 11:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe@emerald View Post
It was so lovely to finally meet you (& Shannon)!
Chloe! It was so great meeting you and the rest of the staff in person. You were all so welcoming and we had a wonderful day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
What a great trip that would be ! Any thoughts on that beautiful guitar yet?
I actually have not had a lot of time to play it yet. We spent the last couple of days doing tours all day and I was too tired when I got back. Today was spent traveling to London and Southampton, so still not much time. I did manage to play one song while waiting at the airport. It sounds lovely and plays well. And the red is a much better fit for me than the blue one had been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
What a wonderful trip, and a lovely red guitar. How cool is it to meet the team that built it? I [slightly] envy those of you that can travel on airlines. Ireland is one of th few places left on my list that I'd like to visit. I have been playing the X7 a fair amount lately. I've been really pushing the range of motion limits on the shoulder in PT lately and an X7 is much more comfortable to play than anything else.

Be sure to let us know when the book publishing date happens. We'll go for the physical copy, perhaps softcover but probably in hard cover.
Thanks Earl. I’m glad the X7 is getting some use and that your shoulder is on the mend. Right now, I am hoping for an October date of publication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tøf View Post
It looks like you had a lot of fun, Alistair knows how to please his guests!
Congrats for the beautiful guitar and the new book. Mmmmhhh... it might soon get a place of choice next to the Moore Bettah one
Thank you to everyone for the kind words - I really appreciate it. And Tof, I would be thrilled if you had one of these as a companion to the Moore Bettah book. (For the folks that don’t know, I previously wrote a book about Moore Bettah Ukuleles and one about KoAloha Ukulele).
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass

Last edited by wickedwahine; 08-16-2019 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine View Post
Thanks Earl. I’m glad the X7 is getting some use and that your shoulder is on the mend. Right now, I am hoping for an October date of publication.
Twice in the past week I have chosen the X7 instead of my Farallon ukulele. The sharp edges on the ukulele are still bugging me a bit, and these were already uke-heavy jams, so a guitar was a nice addition. And the compactness and arm bevel are wonderful comfort bonuses for me. The kanikapila lasted for three hours last night.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
How does the Queen get to the other side of the pond without leaving the ground?
In style of course. She's got her own private yacht too.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 10-16-2019, 01:16 PM

Hey Staci,
How is the book project going. Any release date yet?
Fender Ukelele

https://youtube.com/channel/UC7aq_u2nyCgtIPffgyWob1A
Old 10-16-2019, 01:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danz567 View Post
Hey Staci,
How is the book project going. Any release date yet?
Hi, the book was left with Alistair in August. I have not gotten his edits back yet. His photographer Alan also wanted to enhance some photos to make them look as good as possible. I know both men are very busy, but until I get it back from them, I cannot do my own final edits. Originally, my goal was to get it available for purchase by October. At this point, it looks like late November at the earliest. Sorry, it is out of my control right now until I get their edits back to me. Fingers crossed it won’t be too much longer...
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 10-16-2019, 01:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hi, the book was left with Alistair in August. I have not gotten his edits back yet. His photographer Alan also wanted to enhance some photos to make them look as good as possible. I know both men are very busy, but until I get it back from them, I cannot do my own final edits. Originally, my goal was to get it available for purchase by October. At this point, it looks like late November at the earliest. Sorry, it is out of my control right now until I get their edits back to me. Fingers crossed it won’t be too much longer...
Just curious. Are you self-publishing or do you have a commercial publisher lined up?
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 10-16-2019, 01:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Just curious. Are you self-publishing or do you have a commercial publisher lined up?
Self-publishing, as I did with my two prior books.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Self-publishing, as I did with my two prior books.
So do you produce a certain number of books from the onset or produce them as you get orders?
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 10-16-2019, 02:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
So do you produce a certain number of books from the onset or produce them as you get orders?
Actually, neither. They are print to order. So the book will probably be available in three versions, a hardcover coffeetable style book, a softcover and an e-book. When the website goes live, anyone interested can see a sample online (usually the first 10 or 15 pages), and order a copy if they wish. The e-book is sent right away, the softcover or hardcover are printed then shipped. It usually takes one or two weeks to receive those.

For my first book, we crowdsourced an order of about 100 copies on Kickstarter. We sold them, but it was a lot more work and required the shipping ourselves. It ended up being a lot simpler to just use this method for my second book (and is the way the first book is also sold now). Though the second book is also available in the subject’s gift shop as well.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber