The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-31-2022, 04:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd S View Post
Just restrung the X-20 with some Martin lights and woah! Really brightened it up from whatever was on it (I assume it was the strings that shipped from Emerald, but old).

Have my first acoustic gig with it coming up Thursday, so I'm looking forward to how it'll do there. I suspect just fine.

Definitely has become my favorite guitar. Even though one of my drummers pointed out that the veneer kind of looks like the torsos of two middle-aged naked, flaccid, and uncircumcised dudes facing each other and now I can't unsee it, lol. Looks less like that when it's turned sideways as I play it, at least.

-T
Sounds to me like your drummer friend is "projecting." Great guitar!
Old 10-31-2022, 04:21 PM
Charter Member

Welcome to the forum and CF! Glad you found the cool kids table so fast!!

The X20 is an excellent choice. I've owned two and I'd be very surprised if I don't have another one in my stable some day. Congrats.
Old 11-01-2022, 10:09 AM

Yeah, for $2k it was a no-brainer. Had to ask the wife for forgiveness instead of permission to move on it fast, but it all worked out!

It's the only acoustic I've played since getting it. It would be the only guitar I've played, but one of the bands requires me to break out the PRS CE22 for practices.

If I could only have one acoustic and one electric, those would be the keepers. Fortunately I don't have to make that decision.

-T

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber