The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 02-16-2020, 01:59 PM

Default 2018 NAMM (factory select) Martin D Custom / Video Added *SOLD

This guitar is as good sounding as looking and is in New Condition, no marks or any other concerns, not even a mark on the pickgaurd. about 2 hours play time and case kept.
I am the original owner and it has not left my home. I am putting it on the market as it is std. scale and my arthritic hand can't handle full scale anymore. Impulse buy thinking I would adapt but age has taken it's toll and after a week of play old arthritic problems arose again.I need stick to small guitars and short scale. My substantial loss is someones substantial gain.
The guitar has a Guatemalan Rosewood back and sides and the sides have retained Sapwood giving them spectacular look! This set was chosen at 2018 Namm for the build.
This is a full custom with 1 3/4" nut width and 25.4 scale length. 2 5/32 string spacing at the saddle
The top is grade 3/4 Adirondack Spruce
Adirondack/ Scalloped 5/16" Golden Era Bracing
Rosette is 28 style Herringbone'
Grained Ivoroid binding and heel cap
Sitka Spruce back bracing
Performing Artist neck profile, stamped on back of headstock
Golden era decal
Gotoh Nickel with Butterbean knobs open back
Diamond and square inlay
Custom Shop logo,
No stains Rosewood Filler only
Catalyzed 15 sheen on neck
Gloss aging toner
16" Radius bone saddle
Neck solid Mahogany
Drop in Long Saddle, German .043 fret wire Notched
The guitar order was Retail @ 7,868.67, I paid 4800.00 and will sell for
SOLD plus shipping and I will cover PP fees! This is truly a one of a kind Martin and pro setup plays wonderful and is LOUD but balanced, really projects and has bass to spare. A real gem, just to much guitar for me now. I can send more info, or photos by email have the original paperwork.
I should mention I would consider a trade for any short scale guitar of like condition and value, especially a Collings OO or OOO 12 fret short scale. I will consider any and all offers as I am not playing now, let me know as this guitar will not disappoint to be sure! Case is the upgraded Cabernet 5ply and obviously new as well.
The photos with my cheap camera and limited photo skills do not do this justice, the back and sides are beautiful and the Guatemalan Rosewood give this guitar a balanced and mellow sound that is out of this world. A very close match to Brazilian in density and it had a Luthier setup by Acoustic Vibes, one of a kind! Have the build sheets from Martin and orig. registration to show I purchased new.

I will consider any trade offers as long as the scale length is no longer than 25.0" any maker. https://youtu.be/vjMBGcGpxC8 . The video shows a similar dread but much less as far as custom optioins, gives an idea of the wood tone though.
I have very HD resolution photos now I can send via email as they are to large for me to upload off my phone to here so a quick note with email I will send them to you. the photos here are I admit Very Poor and don't depict the true color, to light and washed out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0022.jpg (34.8 KB, 696 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0023.jpg (38.6 KB, 705 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0024.jpg (44.1 KB, 704 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0029.jpg (27.3 KB, 706 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0030.jpg (21.5 KB, 699 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0028.jpg (25.6 KB, 654 views)

Last edited by JerryM; 03-01-2020 at 09:25 PM. Reason: a
Old 02-28-2020, 03:51 PM
Charter Member

Default Re: Martin for sale

PM Sent instead.

Last edited by Quake17; 02-28-2020 at 08:11 PM. Reason: PM sent instead

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars