The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-14-2020, 09:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
I don't think that's possible with this peddle

I have the G1 Four same box/knobs as the A1Four. I will post a pic tomorrow. It does work and I have done a bunch of gigs with it.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:18 AM

Cool . How did you find something that fits over that little square knob?
Can you share where you got it from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
I have the G1 Four same box/knobs as the A1Four. I will post a pic tomorrow. It does work and I have done a bunch of gigs with it.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Cool . How did you find something that fits over that little square knob?
Can you share where you got it from?
Rubber bottoms that I bought at a Dollar Store, cut them a little larger than the buttons on pedal and stuck them on. Hope this helps.
Thanks to @jonfields45 for the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200116_162810.jpg (21.9 KB, 212 views)
Old 01-16-2020, 04:41 PM

Thanks! Great idea! Also smart that you used clear, so you can see if it's on or off.

Quote:
Rubber bottoms that I bought at a Dollar Store, cut them a little larger than the buttons on pedal and stuck them on. Hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:26 AM

Default undo function for A1 four

I can't find a way to have the undo function in the looper section... does anybody know better than me how to do it?
Old 02-27-2020, 06:34 PM
Charter Member

Default Zoom A1 Four tip?

Well I finally picked one of these for gigging. I had been using an original Zoom G3 for 6 or 7 years and it's a great box, but switches started to go and I got rid of it.

I had picked up the most recent Zoom G1 Four "electric" version last year as a stop gap. That works pretty well for gigs, but I wanted the acoustic version, so I just got this one today.

There is just so much going on under the hood and I've barely scratched the surface, but I'm really digging it. I do use the looper live and it stinks that it's only 30 seconds, but I can still loop the Hotel California twin lead so I'm good with it

One tip that might work for some is the Piezo/Magnetic effect. I use a Rainsong CH-OM with a Baggs saddle pickup, and by putting the effect in the Mag position, it warms up the piezo. Really to my liking. Anyway, a big thumbs up on the A1 Four.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Ha very clever.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Well I finally picked one of these for gigging. I had been using an original Zoom G3 for 6 or 7 years and it's a great box, but switches started to go and I got rid of it.

I had picked up the most recent Zoom G1 Four "electric" version last year as a stop gap. That works pretty well for gigs, but I wanted the acoustic version, so I just got this one today.

There is just so much going on under the hood and I've barely scratched the surface, but I'm really digging it. I do use the looper live and it stinks that it's only 30 seconds, but I can still loop the Hotel California twin lead so I'm good with it

One tip that might work for some is the Piezo/Magnetic effect. I use a Rainsong CH-OM with a Baggs saddle pickup, and by putting the effect in the Mag position, it warms up the piezo. Really to my liking. Anyway, a big thumbs up on the A1 Four.
Hi Jricc, please can you explain how I get to the settings for changing the piezo.magnetic effect. I have the user manual pdf but cannot find the information in there..?
Old 02-28-2020, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsmarle View Post
Hi Jricc, please can you explain how I get to the settings for changing the piezo.magnetic effect. I have the user manual pdf but cannot find the information in there..?
Thanks but I found the method... ! for me I select 10 AG D-28 then edit button twice and toggle along, The setting name is AG PU SEL, turn No1 knob either way to to piezo or magnet

Alan
Old 02-28-2020, 12:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsmarle View Post
Thanks but I found the method... ! for me I select 10 AG D-28 then edit button twice and toggle along, The setting name is AG PU SEL, turn No1 knob either way to to piezo or magnet

Alan
Sorry I took so long to reply amsmarle. Glad you found it!
Old 02-28-2020, 02:18 PM

Weird. You would think the "piezo" setting would help more.
To be honest, I can't tell much difference between those 2 settings and
I don't use it because I don't want to waste one of the slots on it
I like having: model, comp, eq, reverb, chorus

Quote:

Old 02-29-2020, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Sorry I took so long to reply amsmarle. Glad you found it!
Not a problem, thanks for the tip, there is for me a slight difference in sound particularly finger style
Old 02-29-2020, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Weird. You would think the "piezo" setting would help more.
To be honest, I can't tell much difference between those 2 settings and
I don't use it because I don't want to waste one of the slots on it
I like having: model, comp, eq, reverb, chorus
JackB1,
Which comp are you using?
Old 11-26-2021, 05:26 PM

I have a Zoom A2 and have been using it a bit. I'm still learning it, and so I don't know all it can do. But it is several years old. I've been looking at this Zoom A1 Four. Feature-wise, there isn't much new that seems useful (I already have a looper, and not sure about the drum effects). My big question is the sound of the effects themselves, since my A2 is several years older. Are the effects better, and is it worth upgrading to the newer A1 Four? I would only use it for guitar, and they tout it a lot for other instruments that don't do anything for me at all.

Steve
Old 11-26-2021, 09:32 PM

Hi Steve,
The main upgrade is the various EQ options. Much easier to get to and work.with. I still have an A2 and an A3. I prefer the A1_four. the Looper is useful in that it can be used pre effects. that means you can record a phase and adjust the EQ during the playback. Great for sound check.

Don't use the drums. there are more effect options and the parameters are much easier to adjust. Not sure if they are better.

Overall much easier to.operate. However, I Honestly don't use it very much. I don't care for the modeling, but that part is easy to turn off.

Last edited by Marty C; 11-29-2021 at 07:20 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification