The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-19-2010, 11:59 PM

Default Cadillac Sky youtube clip

Found video of a recent Cadillac Sky in studio performance where they played songs off of their new record . This is a performance without their Bass player and Fiddle player. I know many long time CSky fans have been disappointed in their change of direction away from traditional bluegrass but I for one am enjoying their new adventurous side..Clips of 3 songs so its about 10 minutes long.

Guitar related info....David Mayfield told me he uses a Fishman UST thru an Aura pedal and a parametric EQ for scooping the mids during his live set up but if you've seen them live these days you know that he does pickup an electric every now and then for a few experimental tunes.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAa6xgT8lhQ

2004 Martin D41
2006 Guild D40

"The Future of Whistling"......Daniel Duncan
Old 07-26-2010, 10:57 PM

It is hard for me to understand how anyone could consider Cadillac Sky's music as bluegrass. Early on, they did include one or two bluegrass songs in a set, which would get them in to bluegrass venues to play. Their newer material is not remotely related to bluegrass ... but I really have no idea what you would call it. Perhaps eclectic would be a fair word to use. I enjoy a pretty wide variety of acoustic music, but I personally find all three of those songs quite painful to listen to ... but I'm sure there are people who enjoy it.

Playing music with my friends ... March, 2005
Old 07-27-2010, 09:42 PM

Good harmonies and solid playing. Pretty decent live recording especially for Youtube.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell