The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-23-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyKev View Post
That's very cool, would love to see some of your pics.
I would love to post pictures that I took while at Dream Guitars with Paul but I don’t have a host website;
Old 02-26-2020, 08:56 AM

It looks like Martin also made some JC guitar picks around the same time with the "D-21 JC Signature Edition" stamped on them. A query of the internet turned up some old references but nothing recent. Anyone know anything about the picks, i.e. how many were made?
Old 02-26-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frances50 View Post
It looks like Martin also made some JC guitar picks around the same time with the "D-21 JC Signature Edition" stamped on them. A query of the internet turned up some old references but nothing recent. Anyone know anything about the picks, i.e. how many were made?
Martin Guitars: A Technical Reference (p.303) shows the the pick design (plus about 25 others). On the reverse “and you can keep the dime” is printed which fits with the inlay on the guitar.

Apparently, a number of ‘special and limited edition picks’ were produced, mostly in the late 90s, to promote specific artists signature models etc, in either 12- or 24- gross quantities.

Regards,
Clive.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotALuth View Post
Martin Guitars: A Technical Reference (p.303) shows the the pick design (plus about 25 others). On the reverse “and you can keep the dime” is printed which fits with the inlay on the guitar.

Apparently, a number of ‘special and limited edition picks’ were produced, mostly in the late 90s, to promote specific artists signature models etc, in either 12- or 24- gross quantities.

Regards,
Clive.
Thanks for the research. I'd love to find one of these picks somewhere especially since I have the guitar. But it sounds like one will be hard to find.

Thanks to a forum member, I found one! Thanks!! It will be a good addition to my guitar!

Last edited by frances50; 02-26-2020 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Found one!
Old 02-27-2020, 12:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshrager View Post
It's been a while and my memory isn't what it used to be, but I remember a couple of gigs in the Philly area where Jim was the sideman to Maury. This was before Jim had his hits, singles and albums, probably around 1970.
I heard Maury's sister Mary say the same thing - Maury was the original front man, but when they discovered Jim could deliver the goods with a story song, they swapped roles.
Guild 12 String
Mark V Classical
Martin Dreadnaught
Weber Mandolin

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion