The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-26-2020, 08:55 AM

Try a Martin 000-15M. A lot of players seem to like them here.

Personally, I'd be looking for a used guitar in that price range. You can get a lot more guitar for your buck.
Alvarez 12 String
Gibson ES345s
Fender P-Bass
Gibson tenor banjo
Old 02-26-2020, 09:05 AM

As was already importantly mentioned there is no beter way then to play. As many as you can. Having said that Furch has some design and construction techniques that imo are a step above the common denominator.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:03 AM

I went back to the shop yesterday to have another play of the Eastman E20. I also tried out the nearest equivalent Martin they had which sounded dead by comparison. And it was a grand more! Maybe it was a dud, but it was the worst of the three guitars I tried by some distance.

The other I tried was an Eastman e10 mahogany top. I liked this one. It was really warm and great for fingerstyle blues I think. Looking on the Eastman website I can’t seem to find this guitar. Is it out of production? I suspect it may have been in the shop a while. It wouldn’t appeal to everyone as it’s not very bright sounding.

Anyway I’m off back soon to try out the e20 and e10 again to decide which I’d prefer. I suppose it depends on which sound I want - the brighter more versatile e20 or the bluesy e10.

Darren
Old 03-04-2020, 09:30 AM

Hi, The mahogany looks a nice guitar, a few dealers showing them as in stock, bit of a price variation, the best deal appeared to be Project Music, like you can't see them listed on the Eastman site.
I have dealt with Project Music before very good experience.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
I went back to the shop yesterday to have another play of the Eastman E20. I also tried out the nearest equivalent Martin they had which sounded dead by comparison. And it was a grand more! Maybe it was a dud, but it was the worst of the three guitars I tried by some distance.

The other I tried was an Eastman e10 mahogany top. I liked this one. It was really warm and great for fingerstyle blues I think. Looking on the Eastman website I can’t seem to find this guitar. Is it out of production? I suspect it may have been in the shop a while. It wouldn’t appeal to everyone as it’s not very bright sounding.

Anyway I’m off back soon to try out the e20 and e10 again to decide which I’d prefer. I suppose it depends on which sound I want - the brighter more versatile e20 or the bluesy e10.

Darren
As already mentioned, if you can get to Richard's Guitars in Stratford Upon Avon, he stocks both Eastman and Furch models, you can compare to your heart's content then ..
Old 03-04-2020, 05:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault View Post

Darren
The all-Mahogany E10 is possibly an E1000M, which is an "E" (traditional series) + "10" (mahogany body) + "00" (00 size) + "M" (Mahogany top). I've seen a few posted on AGF, and they were a limited run (but no longer current on Eastman's website, although they still make the occasional one-offs, so you never know). Ask the dealer to see the Certificate of Authenticity (COA), which will show the date it passed through Eastman's regional shop on the way to the dealer.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion