The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-27-2010, 04:53 AM

Default bright arrow - original

Put up a new tune last night. I wouldn’t exactly call this singing, more like creepy mumbling or talking. Tuning is a strange one B E Eb F# Bb E, but the nylon string actually handles the low notes fairly well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua9Iuhz35m0
Old 07-27-2010, 05:26 AM

Great playing and very unique sound. I think it would be better served to have the vocals right into a mic so they can be heard. The idea of "mumbling" is cool, but to my ear, it would be nice to hear the lyrics.

Ranger's Soundclick page

Roy's Reverbnation page
Old 07-27-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger1964 View Post
Great playing and very unique sound. I think it would be better served to have the vocals right into a mic so they can be heard. The idea of "mumbling" is cool, but to my ear, it would be nice to hear the lyrics.
Thanks. I’ve sort of developed a new appetite for writing lyrics . . . trouble is, I should not be singing them! Must have yelled too much as a kid : ) Maybe I should try the robot auto-tune…
Old 07-27-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
Thanks. I’ve sort of developed a new appetite for writing lyrics . . . trouble is, I should not be singing them! Must have yelled too much as a kid : ) Maybe I should try the robot auto-tune…
Just do EXACTLY what you did in the video at the exact volume just directly into a mic and then mix it how you want. I think it will sound cool.

Ranger's Soundclick page

Roy's Reverbnation page
Old 07-27-2010, 09:07 PM

Well, here's my opinion...take a listen to the Leo Kottke/Mike Gordon. Especially "The Collins Missile." Your stuff reminded me of that. I had trouble hearing your lyrics, but I thought the style was great. Guitar playing was excellent. As a listener, I want to hear your singing clearly. Go for it!
Martin OM-28V
Old 07-28-2010, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smic28 View Post
Well, here's my opinion...take a listen to the Leo Kottke/Mike Gordon. Especially "The Collins Missile." Your stuff reminded me of that. I had trouble hearing your lyrics, but I thought the style was great. Guitar playing was excellent. As a listener, I want to hear your singing clearly. Go for it!
Ah yes, “Clone”—great album! “Car Carrier Blues” is one of my favorite tunes. Thanks Scott!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:50 AM

Brian, nice playing, I enjoyed listening. "Ditto" to what Roy and Scott wrote. If a song has lyrics, I want to hear them, and your voice didn't sound bad, so go for it!

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell