The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF For Sale - Rest of World (outside US)

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 10:31 AM

Default SOLD: Lowden S50 - Mastergrade sinker redwood and bastogne walnut

Hello everyone, up for sale is this beautiful Lowden S50. The reason for sale is that I'm finding myself playing it less and less these days, preferring my 12-fretters instead - and it's simply too good a guitar to leave sitting in its case.

As you probably know, the 50 series is the best of the best in the Lowden range and this S model is no exception. It features a Mastergrade sinker redwood top over Mastergrade (AAAAA) bastogne walnut back and sides, personally selected by George Lowden for appearance and tonal qualities. It's an extremely comfortable guitar to play. Like all Lowdens it excels for fingerpicking and in alt tunings, but this one is actually surprisingly good for strumming too, and has that classic Lowden full, rich tone. The nut width is 1 3/4"; the string spacing at the saddle is 2 3/16"; and the scale length is 24 13/16". Further specifications include:

- Neck material: five-piece mahogany/rosewood
- Neck profile: GL standard
- Fingerboard material: ebony
- Fingerboard radius: 16"
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 gold with ebony buttons
- Bridge material: bocote
- Rosette: abalone
- Pickguard: clear Lowden pickguard
- Pickup: yes
- Case: original Lowden (Hiscox Artist) hardshell case

The guitar is a 2016 model which I bought preowned from The Fellowship of Acoustics (TFOA) last September. It was something of a shop favourite and features on the front of their 2020 calendar. The condition is near-mint, a safe 9.9/10: there are some light pick scratches on the pickguard and a minuscule indentation on the edge of the lower bout, which I have tried to show in the photos below. The action is spot-on: at the 12th fret it's 2.5mm (low E string) and 2mm (high e string), but it must be said that there isn't an abundance of saddle left if you wanted to take it down any further.

The new price for this model would be approaching £7000 (over €7500), I'm looking for £3750 (€4150). Will accept GBP or EUR. I'm based in Paris, France, so delivery options will need to be discussed unless local delivery (within 100km of Paris) will work.

Photos (good ones courtesy of TFOA; bad ones courtesy of my iphone):

Full album with more photos: https://imgur.com/a/kPFdDHZ

Last edited by RustNeverSleeps; 06-23-2020 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 06-23-2020, 04:29 AM

Now sold, thank you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF For Sale - Rest of World (outside US)