The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 06-26-2020, 03:56 PM
Charter Member

Default McIlroy AS-30c - EIR and Sitka -*MOTIVATED TO SELL* MAKE AN OFFER*

Below is a link to the Reverb ad. AGF price includes Paypal and CONUS ground shipping

Bourgeois Martin Simpson - AGF price $SOLD[/U][/B]

McIlroy AS 30c - EIR and Sitka - https://reverb.com/item/33868203-mci...c-2012-natural AGF price $3,295. OPEN TO CASH OFFERS PRICE DROP $2,995 PP and shipping included

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by rcalcutta; 11-13-2020 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-03-2020, 03:45 PM
Charter Member

The Bourgeois Martin Simpson is an extremely versatile instrument that handles open tunings better than anything I’ve played! I had a mahogany/Adirondack one and a beat up rosewood/Adirondack one that I just sold (stupidly)... the rosewood/adi was superior in tone and sustain. Somebody buy this before I do!

2001 Bourgeois Country Boy D
1989 Taylor Dan Crary (DCSM)

Old 07-04-2020, 11:03 AM
Charter Member

Thanks Jeff.

We have both had varieties of this model. Really cool guitar. If I were not in a reduction mode, this one would be a keeper.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:55 AM
Charter Member

Default My experience

McIlroy AS30c. I got to spend some time with this instrument a couple of months back. It's in great shape, EXTREMELY responsive, and plays effortlessly. Well...it doesn't play itself...but you know what I mean.

Bourgeois Martin Simpson. Rob has two of these, and as I was flush with rosewood, I chose the mahogany. I will say, Dana was the first, or nearly the first to explore a 12-fret slope-shouldered dread with a cutaway. To me, this is close to the perfect combination of volume, access, and versatility. I absolutely love mine and feel it will be a life-time instrument.

As for Rob, unless you just got onto the AGF, you probably already know he is one of the top-shelf seller/buyers on the forum. We have too many deals to remember over the past 10 or so years. He has one of the highest quality collection of instruments I've run across--including all the stores with the possible except of Dream Guitars. Deal with confidence!

Santa Cruz D12-12 string, Ger. Maple/Ger. Spruce
Goodall Standard Cocobolo/German Spruce
Emerald X7 Select Series Spalted Chen Chen
Santa Cruz 1929 000c

Life's been good to me so far....
Old 07-06-2020, 08:31 AM

Can also speak to these guitars. Had a Martin Simpson in these tonewoods for a number of years. Wonderful guitar. Beautiful and really comfortable to hold and play. Great sound that was unique among my little group of guitars. Would still have it except there are too many great ‘keepers’ out there to keep them all. Sold mine to a friend to fund the purchase of my Lowden. With a significant portion of my guitar lessons focused on flat picking Celtic tunes, had to have a Lowden. Worked out great for me but I loved the Bourgeois. Nice to sell or trade guitars to friends as it gives me the opportunity to play them occasionally. A McIlroy like this was for sale by forum member who lived in this area a few years back. He left it with me to play and consider buying for a week or so. Superb. Seemed like good value too. I thought it handled a flat pick really well too. Dragged my feet as I am prone to do and it was sold to someone else. Those who acquire these guitars should think their worlds have really improved.

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Lowden F38, Santa Cruz PJ, Santa Cruz OM, Martin 0018vs, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 07-06-2020, 05:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transylvania View Post
McIlroy AS30c. I got to spend some time with this instrument a couple of months back. It's in great shape, EXTREMELY responsive, and plays effortlessly. Well...it doesn't play itself...but you know what I mean.

Bourgeois Martin Simpson. Rob has two of these, and as I was flush with rosewood, I chose the mahogany. I will say, Dana was the first, or nearly the first to explore a 12-fret slope-shouldered dread with a cutaway. To me, this is close to the perfect combination of volume, access, and versatility. I absolutely love mine and feel it will be a life-time instrument.

As for Rob, unless you just got onto the AGF, you probably already know he is one of the top-shelf seller/buyers on the forum. We have too many deals to remember over the past 10 or so years. He has one of the highest quality collection of instruments I've run across--including all the stores with the possible except of Dream Guitars. Deal with confidence!

Hey Frank:

Thanks very much for the review on these guitars, and also for your kind comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheyjeff View Post
Can also speak to these guitars. Had a Martin Simpson in these tonewoods for a number of years. Wonderful guitar. Beautiful and really comfortable to hold and play. Great sound that was unique among my little group of guitars. Would still have it except there are too many great ‘keepers’ out there to keep them all. Sold mine to a friend to fund the purchase of my Lowden. With a significant portion of my guitar lessons focused on flat picking Celtic tunes, had to have a Lowden. Worked out great for me but I loved the Bourgeois. Nice to sell or trade guitars to friends as it gives me the opportunity to play them occasionally. A McIlroy like this was for sale by forum member who lived in this area a few years back. He left it with me to play and consider buying for a week or so. Superb. Seemed like good value too. I thought it handled a flat pick really well too. Dragged my feet as I am prone to do and it was sold to someone else. Those who acquire these guitars should think their worlds have really improved.

Jeff
Hey Jeff:
Thanks for the input. They are both awesome guitars. I appreciate your comments
Old 07-19-2020, 12:21 PM
Charter Member

McIlroy AS-30c EIR and Sitka Custom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1428.jpg (34.2 KB, 2088 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1432.jpg (32.2 KB, 2072 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1436.jpg (30.3 KB, 2109 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3490.jpg (36.1 KB, 2093 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3496.jpg (24.0 KB, 2096 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3497.jpg (29.0 KB, 2103 views)
Old 07-24-2020, 09:14 AM

PM sent on the Bourgeois Martin Simpson.
Old 10-10-2020, 03:58 PM
Charter Member

Price drop - $2,995 PP and shipping included
Old 10-18-2020, 01:31 PM

Awesome looking McIlroy. Well regarded instrument, and great seller.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:23 PM
Charter Member

Thanks Andy. I appreciate the kind words.
Old 11-08-2020, 12:40 PM
Charter Member

Open to trades
Old 11-10-2020, 04:49 PM
Charter Member

Bump it up
Old 11-10-2020, 05:13 PM
Charter Member

I really nice Irish guitar.
McIlriy is a disciple of Lowden.
2014 Paul Woolson Signature, “the Samurai”
Dbl Adi/AfrBW