The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 10-20-2020, 09:37 AM

Default Anyone knowledgeable on creating simple iPad backing tracks

I lead worship in a small church. Just me and an acoustic guitar. I’d like to spice it up by adding some drum, bass and strings via backing tracks. Has anyone here gone through this process and can you give me some info on how to create them and then play to them at church? How do I get them to run through the mixing board? Thanks in advance for any input you can give.

Tom
Cole Clark Angel 2 BLBL Sunburst
Kronbauer TDK Mini Jumbo Macassar/Adi
Old 10-20-2020, 12:07 PM

Hi there, my friend!

I don't know exactly how to use tracks, but I do know how to playback them if you have them in your iPad.

I use to load the tracks (I have two or three that a friend of mine sent me) in an app called Onsong. It's a nice iPad app to read chords, etc.

With that, I just use an aux cable out from the iPad phone output jack, and send it to the Mixer input, just as I was plugging an acoustic guitar on it. It playback when you adjust the gain (beware with clipping, etc) and volume to taste.

I hope this helps!

2005 Martin HD28 with K&K Trinity;
2012 Cordoba C10;
Grace Design Felix 2;
Sennheiser MD441;
DPA 4099 Core;
DPA 4018L;
Bose L1 Compact;
QSC Touchmix 8;
QSC K10.2;
Neumann u87ai;
Neumann KMS105;
Neumann KM184 (matched pair).

http://www.youtube.com/rodrigopandelo
http://www.rodrigopandelo.com
http://www.instagram.com/rodrigopandelo

São Paulo/Brazil
Old 10-20-2020, 01:12 PM
Charter Member

The music memos app on your iPad will actually create bass and drum parts based on what you play on the guitar.

My results were kind of lame, but I just tried it as a novelty. Seems like it could be workable with some practice.
Old 10-20-2020, 01:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoustom View Post
I lead worship in a small church. Just me and an acoustic guitar. I’d like to spice it up by adding some drum, bass and strings via backing tracks. Has anyone here gone through this process and can you give me some info on how to create them and then play to them at church? How do I get them to run through the mixing board? Thanks in advance for any input you can give.

Tom
Hi Tom

There is an app named iRealPro which has a companion app for the mac which allows you to create/plug-in chord progressions, tempos, time signatures etc and add digital instruments to cover the backgrounds. And it can play them back.

You can create tracks on just the iPad, but it's so much quicker & easier on the Mac.

There is a learning curve, and if it's still there a forum to speed you on your way and answer question and give you thousands of songs.

You can also buy professional digital tracks already instrumented & recorded for church worship teams.

Hope this helps.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD