The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-27-2022, 12:12 PM

Does anyone know if you can stream Bluetooth audio to 2 pro8’s at once? Stereo perhaps?
Old 01-29-2022, 05:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2xOP View Post
Does anyone know if you can stream Bluetooth audio to 2 pro8’s at once? Stereo perhaps?
Maybe not? I have two JBL EON ONE Compact speakers and it doesn't work with these but the Bose may be different.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 01-30-2022, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2xOP View Post
This link might help you:
https://toonz.ca/bose/wiki/index.php...and_SimpleSync
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/
Old 01-30-2022, 01:38 PM

Great suggestion, thanks!
Old 08-23-2022, 03:56 PM

Just about to pull the trigger on a great deal ($1067..NEW) Pro 8, BUT..can get an Evolve 30M for $50 less (another great deal. A few have asked in this Topic f anyone has tried both. Anybody???
Old 08-28-2022, 06:07 AM

My son, who does acoustic shows here regularly, and I went to our local GC to test some of the available line arrays in person. We used my Taylor 214 and a Senheiser 935 direct in to each system. We tested the Harbinger MLS 1000, the Evolve 30, and the Bose L1 Pro 8. Like many of you, we are very particular about our sound. We invest our hard earned $$$ in this equipment to improve our listeners experience and at the same time feel more confident that we sound the best we can. We have both used point source powered speakers on stands in the past and this was our first really close look at line array systems.
The Harbinger MLS 1000 was first. The construction was mostly plastic and but assembled easy and seemed pretty sturdy once assembled. It had decent dispersion and seemed pretty transparent in sound reproduction. It wasn’t as loud as either of the other systems. It would probably be fine for quieter venues, coffee shops and such. I have a friend that gigs with two of these and he loves them especially at the $699 price point and can be had even cheaper during sales at GC.
The Evolve 30M was the most feature laden of all the systems. The controls on the back were horrible to try and navigate the the system with. The app was far better to use to adjust the unit. It’s built like a tank, sounds really good. Much louder and clearer than the harbinger was. Sound dispersion was great. Overall, a very solid system.
The Bose L1 Pro 8 was easy to use. We downloaded the app and off we went. We used the regular settings for the mic and guitar but switched to the closest tone match settings we could find. Though good, the construction was not as sturdy as the evolve but was fine, I didn’t feel like it was going to come apart at any time during our test. I will say that in the past, I’ve never been impressed with any Bose products I’ve purchased, but this thing has some kind of mojo going on with it. It was crystal clear, bass had some punch. Sound dispersion was the best of the three units tested. There is something going on with what I would term perceived sound vs power output if that makes sense. You can stand right next to it and your ears aren’t hurting and still be sounding great 40 feet away in the back of the room. It’s pretty impressive to hear in person but not easily described. I didn’t like not having a master volume on the system. To get that, I think you have to buy one of the Bose mixers which they want outrageous money for ($700 for a 4 channel mixer). I still may wind up with a Pro 8 though, we’ll see.
The best thing to do of course is to go test them out for yourself if you can.

2012 Taylor 214ce SB
1957 Gibson LG-2
Classic Vibe 50 Tele
Modern Player Jaguar
Allen & Heath ZED10 FX
LD Maui 28 G2

Last edited by BPMagee; 08-28-2022 at 07:10 AM.
Old 08-28-2022, 08:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPMagee View Post
My son, who does acoustic shows here regularly, and I went to our local GC to test some of the available line arrays in person...
Your impressions and ranking match mine. I have an Evolve 30m and love it. The simplicity of using a bluetooth-connected mixer app on a smartphone (or tablet), once you figure out its nuances, is a major benefit, not having to lug a standard mixer and its associated cables. The barebones documentation of the mixer app is the worst thing about the 30m. I don't have a Pro8 but I've heard them, they're great, and I like the sound of my larger and older L1 Model 2 slightly better than my 30m--I think the latter is a smidge more point-source than the Boses and can thus assault your ears on stage a little more if you're using it as a monitor. But the L1M2 especially has more parts, and the lack of a master volume on the Pros is clearly a buy-the-mixer move that's kind of insulting. Standard outboard mixers of any type work fine with them, however, so you don't have to spend all that money on the (lovely) Bose Tonematches.

Sorry I didn't see Tommy's post before.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification