The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-10-2020, 08:45 AM

Hi Tom,

Alasdair here... (we chatted about Taran a while ago when I was selling one...) So, so glad you've finally managed to get hold of your guitar. It does look stunning and I'm certain it'll sound the same.

I've known Rory since 2012/13 and been fortunate enough to have had a few of his guitars. One of the things I've really enjoyed is being able to have 'tagged along' on the ride. His absolute devotion to his craft and eagerness to learn, improve and experiment is quite wonderful to behold. Just look what he can make...!

I received an Oreval from him earlier this year. (Michael Watts just posted a vid on YouTube of him playing it). It's ABW, Swiss Bearclaw with a Wenge neck and, like yours, it's extraordinary.

I hope you have endless pleasure playing your Tirga Mhor.

Best wishes,

Alasdair.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

Attachment 34419 Attachment 34420

Attachment 34421 Attachment 34422

Attachment 34423 Attachment 34424[/QUOTE]

This is, perhaps, the most beautiful guitar I have ever seen! Nothing short of breath taking.
Rory, your artistry is truly sublime.
Spotify

FOR SALE:
MIKTEK CV4 Tube mic
Various Shock Mounts
2019 Alvarez ABT60 SHB-E Baritone guitar
Shoot me a PM if interested

Last edited by Feste; 07-11-2020 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimak View Post
Hi Tom,

Alasdair here... (we chatted about Taran a while ago when I was selling one...) So, so glad you've finally managed to get hold of your guitar. It does look stunning and I'm certain it'll sound the same.

I've known Rory since 2012/13 and been fortunate enough to have had a few of his guitars. One of the things I've really enjoyed is being able to have 'tagged along' on the ride. His absolute devotion to his craft and eagerness to learn, improve and experiment is quite wonderful to behold. Just look what he can make...!

I received an Oreval from him earlier this year. (Michael Watts just posted a vid on YouTube of him playing it). It's ABW, Swiss Bearclaw with a Wenge neck and, like yours, it's extraordinary.

Best wishes,

Alasdair.
Alasdair, your guitar is both beautiful to behold and to hear! What an instrument!
Old 07-11-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird View Post
Tom, that's beautiful. I surely wish I could have spent some time with that instrument. But next visit, ok?
Congrats!

Steve
Yes, absolutely, you will be able to find it as it is hanging right next to this Beautiful small jumbo BRW Italian spruce guitar made by some guy in Texas named Kinnaird I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimak View Post
Hi Tom,

Best wishes,

Alasdair.
I remember that well Alasdair. We discussed how Rory is so under the radar here that people don't realize how great his guitars are. Slowly but surely, I think people over here are figuring it out. Building for Martin Simpson sure doesn't hurt either! I will check out MW playing yours ASAP.

This is, perhaps, the most beautiful guitar I have ever seen! Nothing short of breath taking.
Rory, your artistry is truly sublime.[/QUOTE]

Well sir, I have to say I agree with you. Thanks for looking at it!
Old 07-19-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Well, anyone following the B.I.G. threads today know that this has been a pretty rotten day for me and many planning on attending, what I will say, is a great event. Adding to the disappointed for me personally was that Rory was coming with his amazing guitars including mine, now we will have to see what happens.

On a really good note though, Rory has finished the guitar, on time for B.I.G. and got some photos. Although it won't make up for the rest of the day, it is a really nice start!!! This guitar took my breath away. Please note all the little details especially with the dark sand fades that Rory has there on the rosette, headstock (front and back) arm bevel etc. Just simply gorgeous, there is no other way to say it.

Attachment 34419 Attachment 34420

Attachment 34421 Attachment 34422

Attachment 34423 Attachment 34424

So tasteful, everything ties together perfectly!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop