The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 03-25-2015, 10:34 AM

Default New Triggs "St. Croix" model

Greetings,

We're introducing a new archtop model called the "St. Croix" this year. We'll have the first couple prototypes at the Chicago Guitar Show in May so if you'll be in the area please come by the booth, say hello, and give these guitars a spin. For additional photos, specs and pricing info please visit our webpage. Thanks, Jim Triggs

http://www.triggsguitars.com

Old 03-25-2015, 02:21 PM

Welcome - greatly looking forward to your input and expertise on this forum...
Old 03-25-2015, 10:01 PM

Beautiful guitar, Jim! Out of curiosity, what differentiates it from your previous models?

All - I am the very proud owner of an 18" Triggs archtop that I purchased last year. I've owned many nice archtops over the years, but none that speak to me like this one. It's not going anywhere! Gratuitous photo included!

Call Mr. Triggs - he can build you an archtop that will extinguish your archtop GAS!

Old 03-26-2015, 07:34 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome Steve. I try to stay off the internet as much as possible as it takes away from my time in the shop!!! However, I plan on checking in periodically and would be happy to answer any questions people would like to send my way.

@Backdrifter I'm glad you're enjoying the archtop so far. It thrills me when they find a good home. Obviously we make a lot of archtops that are based on the designs of Elmer Stromberg and John D'Angelico but we haven't came out with our own model since the San Salvador in the early 2000's.

*When compared to the San Salvador, the new St. Croix model features a more traditional headstock with Keystone tuning buttons, faux tortoise pickguard instead of ebony, a thicker rim depth for added mid-range/low-end, and a heavier one-piece brass tailpiece for additional sustain and volume.

I hope this helps give a better idea of what the St. Croix is all about. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM here on the AGF or if you'd prefer to call/text/email my contact info is on our website.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Triggs View Post
Thank you for the warm welcome Steve. I try to stay off the internet as much as possible as it takes away from my time in the shop!!! However, I plan on checking in periodically and would be happy to answer any questions people would like to send my way.

@Backdrifter I'm glad you're enjoying the archtop so far. It thrills me when they find a good home. Obviously we make a lot of archtops that are based on the designs of Elmer Stromberg and John D'Angelico but we haven't came out with our own model since the San Salvador in the early 2000's.

*When compared to the San Salvador, the new St. Croix model features a more traditional headstock with Keystone tuning buttons, faux tortoise pickguard instead of ebony, a thicker rim depth for added mid-range/low-end, and a heavier one-piece brass tailpiece for additional sustain and volume.

I hope this helps give a better idea of what the St. Croix is all about. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM here on the AGF or if you'd prefer to call/text/email my contact info is on our website.
It's fantastic when builders are as approachable as you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Tags
archtops, guitars, jim triggs, st. croix