The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-12-2018, 05:10 PM

Default G7 Performance 2 buzzing

I recently ordered a G7 Performance 2 capo for my new Rainsong Shorty. The guitar is great, no intonation issues (I was following that previous Rainsong OM post), but I have a question about the G7 P2 capo. When using it I've been struggling to not get G string buzzing unless I squeeze the capo with the amount of pressure sufficient to hurt someone with a handshake. I'm placing the capo just behind the fret. Is a LOT amount of pressure typically required with this capo? Its the first capo I've had with this issue.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:37 AM

I don’t capo a whole lot, but tend to use my G7 P2 on my Rainsongs and have had no such issue. Sometimes it takes just a touch more force than on my Taylor, but nothing like you are describing. Hope you get it figured out.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:40 PM

Hi guys,
Rainsong guitars have a big radius over the fingerboard (20 inches I think) and, when I met with them at a NAMM show, we figured out a way to deal with it but it does involve me slicing the rubber on a Performance 2 capo.
If you email me at [email protected]... let's work out how to get yours done.
All the best,
Avalon L348-ES called Marilyn (Blonde)
1966 John Bailey (had since I was 16)
Martinez Stagepro nylon
Chinese archtop bought on a whim in Shanghai
Breedlove mandolin
Fender Strat.
Just about every capo known to man! Oh, and a non-descript uke..

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber