The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 12-02-2013, 12:59 AM

Red face Anyone know how recently Cordoba added the truss rod?

I've been looking at Cordobas, and smaller Cordobas.
One thing I've noticed is that most now seem to come with a truss rod-

I'm wondering when this started to occur.

I was able to directly compare a new C5 with a used one at the local Guitar center- the older one didn't have a truss rod while a newer one did.
(they didn't seem to have much difference in weight, if anything the new one felt lighter)

I was also watching a 3/4 model on ebay- and quieried them about a truss rod- The seller couldn't find one- the model turned out to be 8 years old according to the seller, so I've been wondering since about when they started adding them. The guitar in question was stamped made in Portugal, and I think they are mostly assembled in china now. I didn't buy that one when bidding went just a bit high- no truss rod with an 8 year head start on neck bow.

Still I think I'd like to have a truss rod- I'm tired of shaving down the bridge, and I don't want to un-tune the guitar all the time- the neck inevitably seems to bend over time. I've used a truss rod on a steel string or two and have had good results compensating for neck bow.

I've wanted a Cordoba for several years- they are light and have a good sound. I'm not sure if I've seen one like I first saw about 8 years ago- and I'm not sure what the model was, but it seemed minimal and very good sound- and it also didn't seem like it was as clear coated as the ones are now.
The Takamine has a few years left in it so I've held off, and now doubting if I'll ever buy a full size again.

Gettin old and fragile- I can definetly play a smaller guitar longer with less fatigue.

Any thoughts or experiences to share, especially regarding the truss rods?
Old 12-02-2013, 06:19 AM

I'm not certain, but I think it was around 2009 when Kenny Hill was first serving as a design consultant.

I've been very impressed with every Cordoba classical I've played - consistently great guitars up and down the product line.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical