The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 03-07-2023, 08:06 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default How To Use A Capo

How and why you should use a Capo
Old 03-08-2023, 09:44 AM

I found the Colorado capo the best for me for one reason. The Colorado capo allows more room below and also above the capo for the fretting hand. The design allows the frame of the capo that grips the back of the guitar neck to be offset. This allows extra room for your fretting hand for chords such as B7. Also the top of the capo is a small profile allowing more room above the fretboard.

I see a lot of players position the capo with an angle at the higher E string. That allows more room for their fretting hand. I was taught the capo should be positioned parallel the fret. The Colorado capo allows that why allowing more room.

Unfortunately it's harder to put on, and you can't clamp it on your headstock as players like to do when not using their capo. I would like to find a capo that is easier to put on, but yet allow more room for my fretting hand.

My instructor is very helpful with the capo position so my voice is better suited for the song. As she says, it gets me out of the mud.

https://www.coloradocapo.com/
Taylor 562CE
Taylor 214CE DLX
Amalio Burguet Vanessa
Fender Player Stratocaster HSS Plus
Timberline T60HGpc
Kolaloha KTM-000 with MiSi
SunnAudio MS-2
Digital Piano Yamaha P515
Grand Piano Yamaha C3
DPA 4488
Old 03-15-2023, 04:31 PM

I had forgotten about the Colorado Capo. Thanks for the remind. Looking forward to receiving it.
Old 03-19-2023, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdman View Post
I found the Colorado capo the best for me for one reason. The Colorado capo allows more room below and also above the capo for the fretting hand. The design allows the frame of the capo that grips the back of the guitar neck to be offset. This allows extra room for your fretting hand for chords such as B7. Also the top of the capo is a small profile allowing more room above the fretboard.

I see a lot of players position the capo with an angle at the higher E string. That allows more room for their fretting hand. I was taught the capo should be positioned parallel the fret. The Colorado capo allows that why allowing more room.

Unfortunately it's harder to put on, and you can't clamp it on your headstock as players like to do when not using their capo. I would like to find a capo that is easier to put on, but yet allow more room for my fretting hand.

My instructor is very helpful with the capo position so my voice is better suited for the song. As she says, it gets me out of the mud.

https://www.coloradocapo.com/
o my....after playing with a couple of new capos I just bought ( already had a shubb) and seeing that the new ones were even more invasive to my hand space, I was just thinking of this very idea. Obviously it's not a complicated idea and someone was on it long before me. Kinda of costly but there's nothing worse ...song that absolutely needs a capo but which makes it almost too hard to play. thanks for this
Takamine F349, Takamine g340, Yamaha LL6M
'78 Fender Strat
Univox Ultra elec12string
Lute 13 strings
Gibson Les Paul Triumph Bass
Piano, Keyboards, Controllers, Marimba, Dusty Strings harp

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace